Dungeon Eye

Dungeon Eye

Postby iliak » 04 May 2010, 10:38

Team name:
MimicProd

Project name:
Dungeon Eye

Brief description:
It's a remake of the Eye of the Beholder series. The project started about a year ago.

Technology:
The framework (ArcEngine) is in C# and OpenGL (OpenTK). I use Visual Studio 2008.

Talent needed:
As I use the original assets (grrr...), I need

* 2d artist(s).
Every visual need to be done (from the introduction sequence, to the ending game). The general atmosphere/feeling must be D&D to match the game plot.
Right now, the game is in VGA mode (640x400), but I want it to be in XGA (1024x768) or better in SXGA(1280x1024).
As long the file format is in PNG 32b with alpha transparency and the size is a power of two, you are free to use what ever you want (however, it's better to use free softwares...).

* Musician and sound artist(s).
From the ingame music to every little sound in the game.
Currently, the framework supports only wave file. I can improve it to support other (open) audio format.
As for the visual part, you are free to use whatever you want.

You can have a look at the current state of the project at http://www.mimicprod.net. For a SVN acces, jump there http://code.google.com/p/arcadeengine/source/checkout.

Contacts:
iliak@mimicprod.net

Additional Info:
I'm looking only for one or two persons, no more. I don't want this project to becomes too big for the moment.

Here's a few screenshot of the game :

As you can see, it's the original assets...
- Iliak -
[ ArcEngine : a free 2D .Net gaming framework ]
iliak

Re: Dungeon Eye

Postby michalg » 04 May 2010, 16:23

I hope that someone will be able to help this project. It would be nice to have open source old school rpg game.

Also, this ArcEngine framework looks interesting. Are there any documentation for it? Or at last description of features?
michalg

Postby iliak » 04 May 2010, 17:42

It's in the near TODO list... Time is missing :cry:

You can dl the source code from the SVN, there are some examples. If you are really interested and have questions, you can look at the bug tracker and ask questions. The framework is in C# (any .Net language can use it) and uses OpenTK (OpenGL wrapper for .Net).
- Iliak -
iliak

Postby andrewj » 05 May 2010, 03:35

iliak {l Wrote}:Currently, the framework supports only wave file. I can improve it to support other (open) audio format.

WAV format is enough for sounds. Adding other formats has a cost in development, testing and bug fixing time.

For music I suggest using Ogg/Vorbis format.
andrewj

Postby michalg » 06 May 2010, 18:14

Does this framework work under mono / linux?
michalg

Postby iliak » 06 May 2010, 18:52

It *should* be...

If any linux coder wants to help me, he's welcome !
- Iliak -
iliak

Postby michalg » 06 May 2010, 19:42

I'm asking because here many ppl uses linux. Maybe someone would like to write some game in mono ;)
michalg

Postby qubodup » 06 May 2010, 23:17

Did you see http://opengameart.org/content/templars-abbey ? I wonder if it was a reaction on your post on OGA or if it was coincidence. :)
qubodup
Global Moderator