Update for my levelpack too

Update for my levelpack too

Postby leovilok » 25 Jul 2012, 20:32

I was sad MaMS v0.3 didn't work anymore on my Chakra Linux, but now on my other computer (Fedora Linux) and v0.4 it works again :D !
But my wider screen also allowed me to spot a mistake I made on my Not Symmetry level in my levelpack, allowing you not to play nearly the half of it, so here is the updated version :
not_symmetry.map.zip
Updated Not Symmetry map
(723 Bytes) Downloaded 343 times

But we are in v0.4 era now,aren't we ? So here is a new little level with collectable golden orbs, it's nammed V and will logically be the fifth of my levelpack, here is the zip containing the .map file (that i still can't upload directly on the forum) and the updated levels.lts of my Geometry to Chaos pack :
levels.lst.zip
v.map and the new levels.lst of my pack
(800 Bytes) Downloaded 350 times

And a screenshot :
V.png
Screenshot

Enjoy it :) !
leovilok

Re: Update for my levelpack too

Postby MCMic » 25 Jul 2012, 20:40

Can't you just remove this "pattern" level from the pack? Never made it though it, and it really seems more like a random and patience thing than a skill or puzzle thing :-(
MCMic

Postby Edward_Lii » 25 Jul 2012, 20:50

Hello leovilok,

leovilok {l Wrote}:I was sad MaMS v0.3 didn't work anymore on my Chakra Linux, but now on my other computer (Fedora Linux) and v0.4 it works again :D !
But my wider screen also allowed me to spot a mistake I made on my Not Symmetry level in my levelpack, allowing you not to play nearly the half of it, so here is the updated version :

Thanks for updating your levelpack. :)
I have applied your changes to the levelpack in the addon system, so you should be able to update through the addons menu.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby leovilok » 25 Jul 2012, 22:03

@Edward_Lii : thanks :) !
@MCMic : Did you try the various walkthrough of the previous thread ?
leovilok

Postby MCMic » 26 Jul 2012, 23:25

leovilok {l Wrote}:@Edward_Lii : thanks :) !
@MCMic : Did you try the various walkthrough of the previous thread ?

Finally managed to do it using your record file, but it took me a lot of tries, I used this checkpoint a lot.
The last two jump from the check point to where the shadow is, I'd never have guess that it's doable if I haven't seen you record. I tried several dozen times before succeeding.

And the level that come after does not seem easy either :-/ (and looking at your record for each level is kind of cheating)
MCMic

Postby Edward_Lii » 27 Jul 2012, 05:38

MCMic {l Wrote}:(and looking at your record for each level is kind of cheating)

See it as using a walkthrough, that's basically the same.
Some think it's cheating, others see it as a little help. ;)

Personally I have no problem with walkthroughs in puzzle games, I tend to get stuck ever so often. :p
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator