Add-on Problem

Add-on Problem

Postby CrazedGamer » 17 Apr 2010, 00:53

Im having problems with addons. When i add a kart it says ''You do not have the permission to put ''object'' in ''karts''. What will i do? :|
CrazedGamer

Re: Add-on Problem

Postby Auria » 17 Apr 2010, 17:09

Hi,

first of all, please tell us what is your operating system
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Tux the Penguin » 04 May 2010, 01:56

If you are using Linux, you need to open your package manager as root. Copy the extracted kart to the karts folder at ~/.supertuxkart or /usr/share/supertuxkart/data. You should see the kart as an option the next time you play supertuxkart.
Tux the Penguin

Postby Auria » 04 May 2010, 17:21

Tux the Penguin {l Wrote}:If you are using Linux, you need to open your package manager as root. Copy the extracted kart to the karts folder at ~/.supertuxkart or /usr/share/supertuxkart/data. You should see the kart as an option the next time you play supertuxkart.

correct for 0.7, IIRC; I'm not sure that ~/.supertuxkart will work with STK 0.6, however.
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby hiker » 05 May 2010, 00:32

Auria {l Wrote}:
Tux the Penguin {l Wrote}:If you are using Linux, you need to open your package manager as root. Copy the extracted kart to the karts folder at ~/.supertuxkart or /usr/share/supertuxkart/data. You should see the kart as an option the next time you play supertuxkart.

correct for 0.7, IIRC; I'm not sure that ~/.supertuxkart will work with STK 0.6, however.

Only the installation directory (e.g. /usr/share/supertuxkart/data) will be used as default to find karts/tracks. Anything installed in other directories can be used by using the --trackdir and --kartdir command line options in 0.7, but not in 0.6.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker