MeAndMyShadow V0.3
    * Updated menu theme
    * Unique music (by vaev)
    * Per level statistics.
    * Configurable keys.
    * Joystick support.

Download:

Found bugs:
If you encounter any bugs see the Bug reporting wiki page.
Or if you want to give feedback see the Giving feedback page.

Trailer
This is the official trailer for V0.3 made by odamite.

youtu.be/UUcdtxoO5Lw

Screenshots:
ImageImage

Spread the word! :D
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Re: MeAndMyShadow V0.3

Postby odamite » 17 Mar 2012, 13:18

Hello,

This is awesome! Finally it's released. :D

Me and My Shadow has been my first real open source contribution and it has been great so far. I'm looking forward to continue with this project but also involve other projects. I would like to thank everyone who made this release and the game possible. I mean every programmer, artist, level maker, tester and everyone who have/is going to play this. :D Thanks you.

I think we should really give a chance to everyone to know about and play the game. We need marketing and packaging for different platforms. First we need a post to Free Gamer but I was also thinking of having the game covered in other news sites like OMG! Ubuntu! (a very popular site about Ubuntu and Linux in general, currently down though :() or other Linux/Open Source gaming sites.

We also need packaging for different Linux distributions and Windows and Mac OS X builds. I have a PPA (personal repository for -buntu distrobutions) which can be used for distribution. It will take a day to build if there isn't any problems. The website needs to be updated also and it must have links to different files/packages/repositories.
odamite

Postby Edward_Lii » 17 Mar 2012, 13:25

Hello odamite,

odamite {l Wrote}:I think we should really give a chance to everyone to know about and play the game. We need marketing and packaging for different platforms. First we need a post to Free Gamer but I was also thinking of having the game covered in other news sites like OMG! Ubuntu! (a very popular site about Ubuntu and Linux in general, currently down though :() or other Linux/Open Source gaming sites.

We should try and spread the word where ever we can.
MeAndMyShadow is already on happypenguin.org (which is currently down), http://lgdb.org notified the person who put it up that there's a new release.
I've also sent a request to http://www.penguspy.com.

We can also try LinuxGames.

odamite {l Wrote}:We also need packaging for different Linux distributions and Windows and Mac OS X builds. I have a PPA (personal repository for -buntu distrobutions) which can be used for distribution. It will take a day to build if there isn't any problems. The website needs to be updated also and it must have links to different files/packages/repositories.

I've already packaged it for Debian 5/6, Fedora 15/16, Mandriva 2009.1/2010/2010.1/2011, openSUSE 11.4/12.1
And I made an attempt for a Linux binary.

My idea for the site is that it will list the most important downloads followed by a "More.." link, which points to a page on the documentation.
On that page we can add One click buttons for the openSUSE rpm, link to your ppa, etc...
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby odamite » 17 Mar 2012, 15:21

Hello,

OK, my PPA is now online :cool:

It's easy for Ubuntu users to add:
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:odamite/meandmyshadow-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install meandmyshadow

(This can be also done using GUI tools)

@Edward_Lii,
That Linux binary package is working fine for me. :D
But I found one little type: meandmyshadow-debain-32.
odamite

Postby Edward_Lii » 17 Mar 2012, 15:23

Hello odamite,

odamite {l Wrote}:OK, my PPA is now online :cool:

Great news, I'm currently trying to get meandmyshadow in the official openSUSE games repository. ;)
It's a pain solving those warnings when testing/building takes ~5min. :p

odamite {l Wrote}:@Edward_Lii,
That Linux binary package is working fine for me. :D
But I found one little type: meandmyshadow-debain-32.

Thanks for testing, I'll fix the typo and upload a new archive.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby Edward_Lii » 18 Mar 2012, 14:04

Hello all,

Some good news. :)
I've posted it on the GamingOnLinux forum and the kind people over their moved it to the news section.
Meaning that it's on the main page: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/

More good news, the openSUSE packages I've made has been accepted in the official games repository. :cool:
https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/109867

BTW, we should start thinking about the things we want to implement in V0.4.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby acme_pjz » 18 Mar 2012, 16:16

Hi Edward_Lii,

I have just upload v0.3 Win32 binary :)
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz

Postby odamite » 23 Mar 2012, 15:59

Hello everyone.

This release have had some nice publicity around the net. 1000 downloads on sourceforge and 100 on my PPA. :cool:
Our trailer have also got some views: over 3000 exactly. Feel free to view the public statistics.

EDIT: And we've seen some new guys here too. It's a good to know there's people that play this game and want to improve it. Thanks to those people :D

Someone on YouTube asked about the game on Mac OS X. In the trailer it says that there's one available but in reality we don't have it. :(
There was some discussion here but nothing is heard after it... Right now there's speech bubble with text "Coming soon" in the trailer.

@Edward_Lii,
Official openSuse games repository...wow! :D

@acme_pjz,
Thanks! What about updating the Windows installer too? It's using NSIS and the source is here. I cannot do it because I'm not able to upload files to SourceForge...
odamite

Postby Edward_Lii » 23 Mar 2012, 16:15

Hello odamite,

odamite {l Wrote}:Someone on YouTube asked about the game on Mac OS X. In the trailer it says that there's one available but in reality we don't have it. :(
There was some discussion here but nothing is heard after it... Right now there's speech bubble with text "Coming soon" in the trailer.

I'm afraid Knitter is busy with other things, and I'm afraid no one of us is able to create/test a Mac OS X build. :(

odamite {l Wrote}:@acme_pjz,
Thanks! What about updating the Windows installer too? It's using NSIS and the source is here. I cannot do it because I'm not able to upload files to SourceForge...

I could give you the rights to upload/publish file releases on Sf.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby odamite » 23 Mar 2012, 16:28

Hello Edward_Lii,

Edward_Lii {l Wrote}:I'm afraid Knitter is busy with other things, and I'm afraid no one of us is able to create/test a Mac OS X build. :(

I understand. Lets hope he will get some time in the future. Luckily we don't need that build so fast.

Edward_Lii {l Wrote}:I could give you the rights to upload/publish file releases on Sf.

That would be great! Thanks! :D
odamite

Postby Knitter » 23 Mar 2012, 18:09

odamite {l Wrote}:
Edward_Lii {l Wrote}:I'm afraid Knitter is busy with other things, and I'm afraid no one of us is able to create/test a Mac OS X build. :(

I understand. Lets hope he will get some time in the future. Luckily we don't need that build so fast.

Most of the times I just do a fast reading of these topics, you need to poke me if you need anything (PM/E-mail) :).

Yes I'm busy with a current project (and I've just got word that it's not going like I wanted, thank you Microsoft for the piece of **** you develop...) but the main problem I'm facing right now is that I broke my mackports system and I'll need to reinstall it, I can't do that until I free some time from work.
Knitter

Postby odamite » 23 Mar 2012, 19:42

Hello,

There's now Windows installer uploaded to SF. Its graphics are updated a bit to look better. I would appreciate if the website was updated. Thanks.

Knitter {l Wrote}:Most of the times I just do a fast reading of these topics, you need to poke me if you need anything (PM/E-mail) :).

OK, I'm going to remember that! (if you're reading this :D)

Knitter {l Wrote}:Yes I'm busy with a current project (and I've just got word that it's not going like I wanted, thank you Microsoft for the piece of **** you develop...) but the main problem I'm facing right now is that I broke my mackports system and I'll need to reinstall it, I can't do that until I free some time from work.

I'm sorry hear but good luck with your project and everything. I don't want to pressure you or anything like that. I understand what you mean. :)
odamite