Set of wall tile meshes.

Set of wall tile meshes.

Postby p0ss » 07 Mar 2011, 15:06

To help break up the monotony of the current mesh set, I have made a full set of additional wall meshes, here:

http://opengameart.org/content/3d-rock-tileset

It is based off layout.blend, I did not have the licence information so was unable to credit the author immediately on OGA, if someone could provide the original author i will gladly credit them on OGA.

I understand you may eventually implement a randomised wall system, however this is to help tide you over until then. It may also help with the other room tilesets which still remain to be done.
p0ss

Re: Set of wall tile meshes.

Postby TheAncientGoat » 07 Mar 2011, 15:24

Oooh, wow, nice work poss!
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 07 Mar 2011, 16:01

Very nice p0ss, Skorpio could you export this to a mesh so we can try it out? Then I will make a video with the new tiles. By the way I have been setting up some recording software so I can now make videos of the game in 1080p for YouTube :)
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby andrewbuck » 07 Mar 2011, 16:44

Excellent work. Can't wait to see it, both in game, and in the video. I am the original author of those tiles, although they were so simple as to be almost un-copyrightable. They would have been under the same license as the rest of the media content (which I think is cc3-by-sa, unless otherwise stated).

-Buck
andrewbuck
OD Moderator

Postby p0ss » 07 Mar 2011, 17:25

I just attached another .blend with some rough hewn stone wall meshes, for use as building walls, they would probably suit a forge room decently well

p0ss

Postby TheAncientGoat » 07 Mar 2011, 18:01

Thought you where sleeping, poss :P Regarding the forge/wall textures, they could work, but the DK wall textures usually really indicated what room the wall was part of. The forge, for example, would have anvils attached to the wall, the torture chamber chains and stretching racks, the library would have mounted bookstands... but yeah, there would also be "empty" walltiles, but they would also have textures strongly linking them to the room
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby charlie » 07 Mar 2011, 18:06

But wouldn't the per-room decor be done using decals? You'd use the same wall base and add a few images/models to customize the room.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 07 Mar 2011, 18:10

charlie {l Wrote}:But wouldn't the per-room decor be done using decals? You'd use the same wall base and add a few images/models to customize the room.

Agreed, I also think this was how it was supposed to be done, according to earlier discussions.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby StefanP.MUC » 07 Mar 2011, 18:14

Great work there, p0ss. :)
Abou the different rooms I agree with charlie.
StefanP.MUC

Postby oln » 30 Mar 2011, 19:45

Is anyone able to export these to .mesh so we can use them in-game? Otherwise I can give it a try.
oln

Postby svenskmand » 26 Apr 2011, 12:00

svenskmand {l Wrote}:
charlie {l Wrote}:But wouldn't the per-room decor be done using decals? You'd use the same wall base and add a few images/models to customize the room.

Agreed, I also think this was how it was supposed to be done, according to earlier discussions.

But even though we use decals the wall textures should of course still be different from room to room.

Oln you got the 2.5 blender exporter working right? Can you give the tile set a try?
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby oln » 26 Apr 2011, 12:48

It works, but not allways. I can give it a try when I have time, if I can sort out the size.
oln

Postby svenskmand » 26 Apr 2011, 12:58

Ok thanks :)
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby MyEmail » 03 Aug 2011, 05:12

From what oln described to me here, procedurally generating a lot of OD's terrain meshes could work out well. With a set of basic rules to standardize the transitions, one could write a perl script to generate hundreds of unique and interchangeable tile meshes. You could do this for other things too.
MyEmail