Game crash on missing font

Game crash on missing font

Postby andrewbuck » 05 Mar 2011, 03:17

I was playing the latest version of the game and was about 2/3 of the way through the level when the game crashed. The error it gave on crashing is shown below. It looks like it cannot find the bluehighway font, but that doesn't make sense as it was running for quite some time before that just fine. I had opened a creature stats window at one point during the game and I know there is the potential for a crash when the creature whose stats window is displayed gets killed. I don't think this is what caused the crash but I will try to refrain from using the creature stats window in the mean time to verify that the crash is not in that code.

-Buck

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
CEGUI::UnknownObjectException in file ../../cegui/include/CEGUINamedXMLResourceManager.h(279) : NamedXMLResourceManager::get: No object of type 'Font' named 'BlueHighway' is present in the collection.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CEGUI::UnknownObjectException'
  what():  CEGUI::UnknownObjectException in file ../../cegui/include/CEGUINamedXMLResourceManager.h(279) : NamedXMLResourceManager::get: No object of type 'Font' named 'BlueHighway' is present in the collection.
andrewbuck
OD Moderator

Re: Game crash on missing font

Postby StefanP.MUC » 05 Mar 2011, 08:47

That's really strange. I just did a search through ALL source, header and gui files. Its only appeareance (excluding commented out ones) are in:
bluehighway.font (Name="BlueHighway")
OpenDungeonsSkin.scheme (loading the above BlueHighway)
This works for the whole GUI.

The only other font that is ever loaded is "MyFont" (the ogre sample FreeMono used for the console, this is not related to CEGUI - btw, I'll clean this one up next week by giving good names and removing bogus comments in the example fontdef).

I have absolutely no idea what's causing this crash, the stat window code looks good on the first sight. Could it be that some of the status window creation/update/delete code maybe loses/drops some "connection" to the main window somewhere (causing it to lose some name/location definitions for the rest of the GUI, too)?
StefanP.MUC

Re: Game crash on missing font

Postby svenskmand » 05 Mar 2011, 11:22

Blablub I think it is about time you make a post in this thread "where do you live".
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator