Can't Complete Nitro Challenges (technical error?)

Can't Complete Nitro Challenges (technical error?)

Postby NormalI » 19 Aug 2021, 13:17

Hello, I have a novice trophy on all the single player races. The only problem preventing me from opening the big door to get the final challenge is the "nitro challenges". On the two nitro challenge maps, I am able to complete within the specified challenge time and collect the number of nitro boosts mentioned before starting the challenges, HOWEVER; the end of the levels only says that I finished it, it does not provide a trophy, and the story mode map never updates to show a trophy indicating completion. Why don't these two nitro challenges update as completed? Am I missing something or is it a bug and the big door forever unreachable?

Please see attached image after completions.
I'm counting my nitros and I know I collected at least 12 (10 was the requierment). The only options after successful(?) completion are to return to the main story mode map, or to restart the challenge. Any ideas as to what to do?
Attachments
Screenshot_20210819-190130.jpg
NormalI

Re: Can't Complete Nitro Challenges (technical error?)

Postby benau » 19 Aug 2021, 18:22

you need to keep that amount of nitro until the race finish too
benau
STK Moderator

Postby NormalI » 20 Aug 2021, 11:56

Wow! Really? Ok. Thanks :} :)
NormalI

Postby Alayan » 06 Sep 2021, 20:23

The nitro bar has an overlay indicating the amount of nitro that needs to be held, so as to give a strong visual indicator of how much is required.

Hard to think how it could be made clearer. A custom popup help message for the nitro challenges would work, but that adds a bit of complexity.
Alayan
STK Moderator

Postby Wuzzy » 11 Sep 2021, 19:20

The problem is not that the nitro challenge is broken but because of bad UX.

This problem has been solved now in a recent merged PR. At the end of a challenge, a list of all challenge goals is displayed on the end screen again, with green for completed goals and red for failed ones. (Sucks if you are color-blind, of course, icons would have been better.)

EDIT: Oh, I see now the issue was with something else … Nevermind …
Wuzzy