New Track - The Farm Track

New Track - The Farm Track

Postby jojo141948 » 14 May 2021, 16:51

I've been playing Supertux kart since I was a kid and I love the game, so I decided to make a track. Hope you like it.
The Farm Track: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Afszh ... sp=sharing
Attachments
image track 5.jpg
image track 4.jpg
image track 3.jpg
image track 2.jpg
image track 1.jpg
jojo141948

Re: New Track - The Farm Track

Postby tempAnon093 » 16 May 2021, 02:44

It looks excellent and was fun to play on. I can definitely see that you've put effort into all the details and added lots of animals. Great work!
I noticed some slight bumpiness in the road. If it is something you want to fix, this tutorial may help, but I can understand if you want to keep it bumpy.
I also think it could have a more descriptive name, as there are already some farm add-on tracks. Autumn Farm? Calm Farm? The Farm Trail?
Finally, there's an opinion in the Blender track settings to allow driving the track in reverse. That would be good to have on this track, since it looks great in both directions!
(I notice that your track is listed as a Featured Track, nice! :) )
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby CLDANGL » 16 May 2021, 06:06

I've just play on your track and here are some comments for improvement:
- Highly detailed.
- Lack of exploration ability. You can't go through the fence or go in the farm; can't jumping down the holes outside the track (got rescued immediately); can't drive to the edge of the map.
- The track itself is somehow...short.
- Reverse track.
- How about an Egg Hunt mode?
- Make some speed boost (I don't know what it called).

Rate: 2.5/3*. But still, great work. Honestly.
CLDANGL

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 16 May 2021, 17:48

Hi, jojo!

I tested your track and liked it a lot. The driveline has an easy shape, but not boring. The scenery is beautiful and it has interesting and fun elements (I liked the little pigs in the mud) and it is on the level of the tracks in the main game. The only thing I really didn't like was this extremely strong light that overshadows the driver's vision.

the farm (light).png

The rest is fine, but I think it would be advisable to add (if possible) a few more divisions in these curves of the track in order to diminish this very faceted appearance.

the farm (curve).png

Anyway, your track is already good enough. You did a good job!

George
Last edited by GeekPenguinBR on 17 May 2021, 04:01, edited 1 time in total.
"Making cool harmless games makes the world a better place".
GeekPenguinBR

Postby eltomito » 16 May 2021, 20:39

Would you consider calling your track something else? There's "The Farm" and "Old Farm" in the addons already and "the farm track" is what people call Cornfield Crossing, Bovine Barnyard, etc.

How about "Peaceful Pig Pond" or "Mellow Manure"?
eltomito

Postby jojo141948 » 17 May 2021, 22:34

Thank you for liking and playing my track, as some errors have been reported, they have already been corrected, the new version of this track can be seen here ( https://online.supertuxkart.net/addons. ... e=the-farm ) in the second review, now called "Nightly Farm".

Note:
In the second revision new decorations were added, some parts of the road were corrected, the strong light was corrected and a booster was added to the track.
Reverse mode and egg hunter have also been added, it is now also possible to explore the track.
jojo141948

Postby CLDANGL » 18 May 2021, 07:31

Your Egg Hunt mode is broken. There is no egg so the game ends in 00:00.008 secs
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-05-18 13-31-13.png
CLDANGL

Postby jojo141948 » 18 May 2021, 14:43

CLDANGL {l Wrote}:Your Egg Hunt mode is broken. There is no egg so the game ends in 00:00.008 secs

Thanks for reporting I just checked, yes there is no egg in the experienced mode, for now use the amateur and intermediate mode, soon I will correct.
jojo141948

Postby eltomito » 18 May 2021, 22:40

I have a bold suggestion: Change the path so that it goes through the farm area in the middle.

It's so beautiful but it's basically unused right now. You could keep most of the straight road at the beginning, then a tree could be fallen down blocking the road, so that you have to get on a dirt road through a missing piece of the fence to the inside of the farm area. Go around/through the farm house, zigzag between the trees, have a mud mound send you flying though those beautiful leaves of one of those trees, go through the field with the tractor which could be a predictable moving obstacle, etc. Then cut back to the nice tramac just before the finish.

I know it's a wild suggestion and it would be a lot of work but totally worth it IMO!
eltomito