Can't Configure Wiimote to Work with Steering Wheel

Can't Configure Wiimote to Work with Steering Wheel

Postby kh » 05 Mar 2021, 01:19

I've managed to install my Wiimote, but the default setup doesn't seem to allow for me to use it with the steering wheel (this is for a child to use). I've tried tinkering around with the settings , but I can't figure it out.

In the Controls menu, I see three Wii remotes listed when the Wiimote is connected. It shows: Nintendo Wii Remote, Nintendo Wii Remote Accelerometer, and Nintendo Wii Remote IR.

Basically, I just need to configure it so when I turn the wheel left or right, the kart goes in that direction. I don't see how or where to set that up.

I'm using STK 1.2 on Linux. The Wiimote is RVL-CNT-01.
kh

Re: Can't Configure Wiimote to Work with Steering Wheel

Postby QwertyChouskie » 05 Mar 2021, 01:37

Try connecting the Wiimote directly through STK instead of the OS's bluetooth manager.
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Re: Can't Configure Wiimote to Work with Steering Wheel

Postby kh » 05 Mar 2021, 07:22

Thank you, that worked.

I actually tried that before I first posted here but it wouldn't connect, I thought I was doing something wrong. This time I used a different Wiimote and it connected on the second try. Maybe there's something wrong with the first one.

It' been a long time since I used a steering wheel to race, it's absolutely horrible. At least it gave me a good laugh, I needed one.

Thanks again for the help.
kh