Change Wyrmsun Language

Change Wyrmsun Language

Postby matiaspar » 22 Feb 2018, 12:22

Hi, I can see the ".po" files in Wyrmsun Directory, but I don't know how to use them to translate the game texts. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks in advance.
matiaspar

Re: Change Wyrmsun Language

Postby GunChleoc » 22 Feb 2018, 14:13

Start by getting an editor, like this one: http://virtaal.translatehouse.org/

Check if your Wyrmsun release has some .mo or .gmo files - in that case, you will need to export your translation.

You might also need to edit some configuration for the language - the author will know more about that. In the meantime, just overwrite another language to start with testing.
GunChleoc

Re: Change Wyrmsun Language

Postby Andrettin » 25 Feb 2018, 11:48

matiaspar {l Wrote}:Hi, I can see the ".po" files in Wyrmsun Directory, but I don't know how to use them to translate the game texts. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks in advance.

Hello matiaspar, I saw your post in the Contributing to Wyrmsun to topic - thanks very much for doing those translations! You can upload them as an attachment here in the forums, or send them to me through wyrmsun@stratagus.com.

As for the missing strings, for things like unit names, descriptions, and dialogues, just adding translations for them to the file should work. For example, the translation files don't have any translation for "Swordsman" (the name of the newly added Norse Swordsman unit), but you can add something like this to the translation file and it will work:

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
msgid "Swordsman"
msgstr "<insert translation here>"

This should work for most other strings too; if it doesn't work for a particular string, please let me know!
Andrettin
Wyrmsun Moderator