Quest “A Bargain is Struck” is broken

Quest “A Bargain is Struck” is broken

Postby Wuzzy » 20 May 2016, 12:44

If you play the quest “A Bargain is Struck”, you have two choices at the beginning: Listen to the gnome or declare war. I decided to declare war. The button says “Forego quest” but when I clicked it, the quest continued. Also, after I have defeated team purple, I won, but I did not advance to the next quest. Team green was allied.

Tested in version 2.2.1 under GNU/Linux.
Wuzzy

Re: Quest “A Bargain is Struck” is broken

Postby Andrettin » 20 May 2016, 13:56

It works fine for me. "Forego quest" means that you can continue to play the map, but you won't get the quest (i.e. you won't advance by beating the enemy); the option is there just for fun.
Andrettin
Wyrmsun Moderator

Re: Quest “A Bargain is Struck” is broken

Postby Wuzzy » 20 May 2016, 17:30

Oh, ok. This detail is not really obvious.
It initially thought it means “skip quest” and that you maybe even go a different “branch” in the quest list, or that the next quest will be different or something like that. Turns out it was much simpler. Well, I'm okay with that. But it seemed like a bug to me.

Maybe you could show a pop-up window after clicking that explaining that the player is now in “just for fun” mode, and victory will not advance you to the next quest. Some alternate storytelling for this decision (including victory) would be nice to have, so it doesn't seem too random. :)

Relatated minor issue: After declaring war, mission objective is not shown (unlike in all other quests). Luckily you can look it up in the pause menu if you forgot (i.e. after loading).

EDIT: I just remembered that when declaring war, the other team becomes your ally! That's quite interesting since in the other (the “normal” story path) they are your enemies because they want to see cash. I am sure a bit of storytelling could explain why. :)
Wuzzy