Xue kart has become worse

Xue kart has become worse

Postby Wuzzy » 24 Apr 2016, 05:11

In earlier versions, Xue had an iconic cross (like the “X” in “Xfce”) on its backside which started to turn when you drive. It was really cool.
In version 0.9.1 this is now gone and has been replaced by a boring generic “ventilator” thing. :( Booooring!
Why?
IMO The cross was WAY cooler than the stupid ventilator, especially because it reminds of the Xfce logo.
I want the iconic cross back, please.

I also wonder what other players think of this change.
Wuzzy

Re: Xue kart has become worse

Postby ArDanWol » 25 Apr 2016, 00:43

I believe the old Xue is available in the addons. If not, I could convert the old one.
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol

Postby samuncle » 25 Apr 2016, 11:02

I'm the guy who "improved" xue and to be honest at the time I didn't noticed the X of the propeller was supposed to be the X of XFCE. I personally prefer the newer design, it looks more like a real fan, maybe we can do one with only four blades.

It's always difficult to find a good design and no matter how hard you try you will always have people who complain.

I don't think it's the mission of the stk team to please everybody and the great thing with STK is people can download the blend of the original model, change it in blender and share them with the whole world via the addon server.

Sam
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby deve » 25 Apr 2016, 14:47

Sam, you are evil ]:->
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (4.6 KiB) Viewed 11967 times
deve

Postby AmyRollTheAnimator » 27 Nov 2017, 07:31