Beach ball

Beach ball

Postby shubzumt » 14 Dec 2014, 05:35

Hi guys
I have attached my model of beach ball.

Polycount: 225 tris
Textures: 1024*1024 (I used only generic textures)
Level of detail: no
Special effect: no
Attachments
beach ball.zip
(800.27 KiB) Downloaded 742 times
shubzumt

Beach ball MODIFIED

Postby shubzumt » 16 Dec 2014, 17:07

Hi guys
I have attached modified model of beach ball. The zip file include the balls for gnu, sara and tux with a common texture.
Polycount: 260 tris
Textures: 1024*1024 (I used only generic textures)
Level of detail: no
Special effect: no
Attachments
beach balls.zip
(424.71 KiB) Downloaded 737 times
shubzumt

Re: Beach ball

Postby samuncle » 17 Dec 2014, 15:44

Hello :)

I just merged the two topic since they are related (your new beach balls are an improvement of the first one). Also you forgot to put a screenshot :(. It's good to put a screenshot because sometime we don't have the time to download the blend etc. A screenshot gives a quick way to see an object to get a rough idea.

The general appearence is okay :). Don't worry about the glossiness. It will be achieved with a gloss map (the new version of stk can do shiny materials). The valve seems enormous compared to size the beachball and maybe the icon is a bit big. When you put something like an icon or a text it's good to have a bit of space between the text and the surrounding area.

The last problem is imho the general organization of your texture. It's a bit messy :|. It will be difficult to edit or change stuff. I want to show you some tricks however due to the beta I don't have the time to do it now.

But basically try to organize your layout like that
uvlayout.png

You see the organization is important because after that we will add some details (like plastic textures, seems etc). Try to have a good repartition

Don't give up :)

Sam
samuncle
STK Moderator

Re: Beach ball

Postby shubzumt » 17 Dec 2014, 23:32

Of course i am not giving up... :)
I will update shortly..
shubzumt