[Important] Example of an asset submission

[Important] Example of an asset submission

Postby samuncle » 03 Dec 2014, 15:28

This is an example of asset submission. All asset submissions need to follow this general model.

Formats:
General format: Use .zip for sharing your resources. Avoid things like .rar or other strange archive format that might be difficult to open
The zip should contain all resources (textures, sounds, etc) needed by the asset. It should include the .blend with the object inside. The .blend should be "clean". (no useless objects). If it's the high polygon version it's okay to keep it in the blend).
Textures: Should be in .png and if you have used gimp or krita we want the .xcf and .kra included with layers not merged. So we can easily change the texture
Sounds: Should be included in .ogg for the game and .wav for archiving and if we need to modify them
special effects: Should be in our format .xml ready to be used in game.
All submission should have a picture to show your object in blender. If the object has something special in game (like a particle system for a fire etc) it's a good idea to show it in game.
License.txt A text file describing what is the license of the object, textures etc

The picture and the zip file should be uploaded with forum upload system so it will be always available for everybody. Using something like Google drive or imgur isn't recommended because you might delete your picture or your file without thinking

Here is an example of submission This is the minimum required. But of course you are welcome to add more information about your object, references used etc.
Hi everybody I made a model of an old wooden lamp post.
lamppost.jpg

Polycount: 150 tris
Textures: 1024*1024 (I used only generic textures)
Level of detail: no
Special effect: no (if your object emit light, sound or uses particles)

The .zip is available here
stklib_woodPostLamp_a.zip
(632.74 KiB) Downloaded 876 times

Once your submission is included in the game, congratulation your first post will be edited and something similar to that will be added

Thanks for your submission :). I have included your work in the game
commit #15024

It's easier for everybody to see what was included and what wasn't. The commit number show you when and under which name your object has been included.
If you don't have read the rules of this forum section go here

If you know already everything well just open blender and make your awesome object for supertuxkart :)
samuncle
STK Moderator

Re: [Important] Example of an asset submission

Postby XGhost » 04 Dec 2014, 16:20

samuncle {l Wrote}:Textures: Should be in .png and if you have used gimp or krita we want the .xcf and .kra included with layers not merged. So we can easily change the texture

Photoshop Files (psd) are therefore not needed? I draw my textures usually in Photoshop, so...
XGhost

Re: [Important] Example of an asset submission

Postby samuncle » 04 Dec 2014, 17:18

yes psd files are needed if you have used photoshop. We encourage to use krita for painting if you send a psd it's okay.
samuncle
STK Moderator