Update to Torque3D, now with simple practise bots?

Update to Torque3D, now with simple practise bots?

Postby Julius » 03 Jul 2015, 11:56

http://forums.torque3d.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=271

seems like the new navmesh support would allow for some stupid bots for target practice?
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: Update to Torque3D, now with simple practise bots?

Postby Julius » 20 Aug 2015, 11:53

Torque3D 3.8 will be soon released with many nice nice fixes for Linux especially.

A bit of a pity that development has slowed down, but according to another (unnamed ;) ) Torque3D developer it is also because fr1tz is running it a bit too much as a one-man show. Wasn't meant as criticism, but rather his workflow on github makes it difficult to follow up on development, and most stuff is implemented as C++ rather than the easier torque script. The latter will btw get a speed boost soon (maybe in 3.8?), so maybe it would be possible to use it more for the simple gameplay related stuff?

For me I really wanted to contribute in the art department... but since I am currently located too far away from any sort of playable server (besides the general lack of players) I really lack the motivation to contribute to a multiplayer-only game :(
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: Update to Torque3D, now with simple practise bots?

Postby fr1tz » 20 Aug 2015, 16:37

Sorry about the "slowdown" in development. Currently I can't afford to invest any time into TOL and I don't know how long that situation will last. But I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me exactly how my workflow on github makes it difficult to follow up on development. The point about most stuff being implemented in c++ however is certainly false, as pretty much all "actual gameplay" logic is implemented in-script.

I don't know for sure why people aren't lining up to contribute, but I'm certainly not actively swatting them away either ;)
fr1tz
RotC Moderator