Comments on the GUI/HUD

Comments on the GUI/HUD

Postby Wuzzy » 08 Sep 2014, 16:17

Hi, here are some assorted remarks on the GUI and HUD.

First of all, I think the health should be definitely be more present on the screen, because it is very important.

The options menu could be improved slightly by moving all controls-related stuff to their own tab (I know I said it already, I post it here for completeness).

And overall, I think the font is very small. This is especially noticable on large resolutions.

Post your comments on GUI/HUD here as well, as you please. :)
Wuzzy

Re: Comments on the GUI/HUD

Postby fr1tz » 08 Sep 2014, 19:49

About the health: The thing is that health tends to fluctuate heavily during combat (because of the health takeback if you damage enemies). Because of this I've found that ROTC's health bar was pretty much useless during combat. So far I think the color-wobbling that starts when you're below 50% health and increases in severity as your health gets lower is a good indicator for how close you are to being forced back into etherform. ROTC's style colorization of all HUD elements according to health level (going from green to yellow to red) might also make sense. I'm not opposed to a HUD element that let's you check the exact value of your health, it's just that it's not very useful during combat and should (imho) not be a prominent feature of the hud.
fr1tz
RotC Moderator