What you dislike from the old ROTC?

What you dislike from the old ROTC?

Postby 3xcl4m4t10n » 04 Feb 2014, 19:50

Yesterday i open a topic like that and i think is good to reopen it to share what we dislike from ROTC.

I was saying that I strongly dislike the jump method. It makes me confuse. I think it would be nice to rework the on-air control.
3xcl4m4t10n

Re: What you dislike from the old ROTC?

Postby Julius » 04 Feb 2014, 21:02

Ah yes, the complaints thread :p

I think one can get used to the jump, but maybe this would be a good time to change it to a more simple jetpack as it doesn't seem to add anything special to gameplay and the jetpack would be much more accessible to new players. Unless fr1tz has anything special in mind with that jump or if there was a technical reason for it being like it is.
One could implement a dodge movement though, similar to UT2004 etc.

I personally dislike that the weapons try to mimic real ones in look but not in function, e.g. they should just be some sort of sci-fi boom sticks as that would make more sense.
I also think the look of the maps could be much more interesting :p
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby Trumbles » 05 Feb 2014, 19:43

Honestly, the jumps are alright they way they are, but i would appreciate it, if they were more "smoothed out". Something about jumping in RotC feels... jarring. Makes it hard to aim while doing so. (Even though jumping mid-combat isn't really advisable)

Not really a complaint, but i'd like to see if new gamemodes would be possible within RotC. Like, a deathmatch mode or something of the sort.
Trumbles

Postby mray » 06 Feb 2014, 22:52

usability!
The game is incredibly hard to grasp. Lots of things need to be done to make the game more user friendly.
- less cluttered menu
- better visualization of damper/energy/health/shield/barrier concepts
- one prominent game type (not lots of mutators)
- no unnecessary classes; just slots that you can set up on the fly
- less weapons but each with alternative shoot modes

@jetpack:
I see the benefit of a "jetpack" on the one hand, on the other hand - balancing bigger chunks of energy is more interesting.

@mimicking real weapons:
I agree. Weapons (+effects +sounds) sometimes seem to be stuck in an real & analog world.
Disks are an exception though, they're digital awesomeness!
mray

Postby Wuzzy » 11 Feb 2014, 05:10

I dislike that not many players play it. ;-)
Wuzzy