Introduce some light RTS elements?

Introduce some light RTS elements?

Postby Julius » 02 Feb 2014, 19:11

I have to admit I am a big FPS/RTS hybrid fan, most notably of the Savage2 kind.

Given that disclamer, the territory game mechanic and some other aspects of this game are already a bit RTSish so maybe going even further in that direction could be interesting.

Adding a commander role for example, that can build structures while in ethernet mode, or something like that could be cool? Other ideas welcome!

It also seems like there will be a RTS framework donated for project GREED, so some aspects of that could probably be borrowed.
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: Introduce some light RTS elements?

Postby 3xcl4m4t10n » 03 Feb 2014, 00:31

I aprove your sugestion at 900000000% man. As soon i read the title i think on Savage 2 and when i enter you already said Savage 2. We need a Savage-a-like opensource. We need it to happen. Because that can be AWESOME.

The only "bad" thing i can see it's actually Savage is not a FPS/RTS, is a FPS/RTS/RPG/Adventure hybrid. And that need a hard work to make. But yes, we can make it more simple...

I am very excited right now, best i don't keep writting XD

EDIT: Im more calm now XD. Another idea is a class based team game like TF. A low Polygon based models can be very cool:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... rdelet.jpg
3xcl4m4t10n

Re: Introduce some light RTS elements?

Postby Julius » 04 Feb 2014, 13:08

Ahh sorry for the forum data-loss. First time that has happened in years, I hope to learn more from the admin soon.

Anyways, just quickly my ideas again:

A "Commander" or "Officer" class could have some additional features in ethernet mode, like buffing other players (heal, extra damage, resurrect etc.), place structures (turrets, walls, "behind enemy lines cat mode spawn" etc.) and should have some general team coordination features like light becons or direct movement orders for squads. Also cool might be an option to order in airstrikes ;)

A medic class would be cool too.

I am willing to help out with modeling some simple turrets and other stuff to test this out.
Julius
Community Moderator