Dropped Gold

Dropped Gold

Postby Flipflop » 04 Jun 2013, 14:04

The Imps can now havrest Gold, that is now dropping when a Goldblock is destroyed.

They bring it automatically to the closest free Treasury and add the amount to the Players Gold.

But I am unhappy with the Dropped-Gold look:

harvest_gold.JPG
Droped Gold

someone has a better idea then hat?

- Flipflop
Flipflop

Re: Droped Gold

Postby Skorpio » 04 Jun 2013, 15:08

Maybe some gold nuggets instead of coins?
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 04 Jun 2013, 16:05

Okay, so just some random Spheres in Blender with a Gold-a-like-Texture or something like that?
Flipflop

Postby Skorpio » 04 Jun 2013, 20:45

Not spheres but some rock-like objects with a gold texture. I can try to make some nuggets tomorrow.
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 04 Jun 2013, 23:22

you should save the coins for when a hero dies and drops gold
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 05 Jun 2013, 09:01

yep, don´t know if we make every detail like the orginal game but should save any assets anyhow :)
Flipflop

Re: Dropped Gold

Postby charlie » 05 Jun 2013, 09:19

My OCD got the better of me; corrected the spelling in the title/post.

Heroes shouldn't drop gold when they die. Who walks into a dungeon with gold in their pocket?
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Danimal » 05 Jun 2013, 09:33

Dunno, rich heroes?; but that mechanic made some very good leves in DK, with no gold on the map, leaving only the option of preying heroes for it.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Julius » 05 Jun 2013, 09:36

Yes, judging from my extensive RPG experience and the lack of trustworthy banking institutions in the typical medieval/fantasy setting I think it is save to assume that they carry big sacks of gold :p
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 05 Jun 2013, 10:31

Hehe, I love discussions like that.

charlie {l Wrote}:My OCD got the better of me; corrected the spelling in the title/post.

Heroes shouldn't drop gold when they die. Who walks into a dungeon with gold in their pocket?

Thanks, yeah.....lack of english....thanks (again) for the corrections....should have visit more English courses in the past.... ^^

So...about the gold....we´ll see what fits bet when we (or I...still the only programmer here... ^^) got to that Point after implementing the Fighting-System.

Give you small update whan you can expect or what I am on right now:

The Imps collect the Gold that is dropped after destroying a Goldblock. Think Skorpio is working on some nice goldnuggets.
The Imps bring the Gold to the closest free Treasury and place it there.

The Player can Place Buildings (for the collected money of course) and Creatures Spawn in the Portal according to the correct Buildings and then interact with the Map and the Buildings on it, including eating poor Chickens :)

Now I have to solve the Problem how to distribute the Gold clever on all the Treasuries. Right now I am just adding the Gold when an Imp placing Gold in a Treasurie, but dont remove the "grafic" Goldbag on the Tresurie when the Player spend money for the Buildings. Going to think about that :)

But keep on the Gold-Discussion, happy to see some people are still interested in this Project. Got even a Lecture later on today to show the Game to some students here.
Flipflop

Postby Danimal » 05 Jun 2013, 12:48

You know. there is a constant interest on most projects around here (mine at least), its just the news come by so slowly that once you talk about them there is nothing more to say for weeks.
You just need to post your thougths on game mechanics and such and someone will answer for sure.

On other note, vikings carried all their valuables by sticking them with wax or honey into their body hair (head,armpit, beards...) and a simple bag hanging from a belt was the common purse in medieval times.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 05 Jun 2013, 15:55

So....new Video is uploading, you can see it in the News thread in a few moments....please watch and comment :)
Flipflop

Postby Flipflop » 05 Jun 2013, 15:56

Danimal {l Wrote}:You know. there is a constant interest on most projects around here (mine at least), its just the news come by so slowly that once you talk about them there is nothing more to say for weeks.
You just need to post your thougths on game mechanics and such and someone will answer for sure.

On other note, vikings carried all their valuables by sticking them with wax or honey into their body hair (head,armpit, beards...) and a simple bag hanging from a belt was the common purse in medieval times.

Thanks for your interest and the nice models you made until now....really! That means alot for me.

So....new Video is uploading, you can see it in the News thread in a few moments....please watch and comment
Flipflop

Postby Skorpio » 05 Jun 2013, 21:14

Here's a render of the gold nugget. It's just one nugget beside some scaled duplicates. I could create more variants, but I guess it wouldn't make much of a difference. Are you going to let them fall down with a particle emitter when a wall gets destroyed?
Goldnuggets.jpg
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 06 Jun 2013, 11:20

Nice, looks very very good like always :) do you want some SVN Access to upload it directly? Particle Emitter is a very good Idea. You watched the newest Video? (In news Thread) Right now the Block is destroyed, some smoke appears with particle emitter and then the nuggets are directly on the Ground.

Particle Emitters work with 2d-Textures in black an white http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/wiki/doku.php/jme3:advanced:particle_emitters , so maybe make some 2d-shape-renders of some Nuggets and the 3d Object as well then on the Ground.
Flipflop

Postby Skorpio » 07 Jun 2013, 13:24

Yes, SVN access would be practical. I still need to fix a few things on the nugget and will upload it to the OD repository (had no time yesterday because I was on a birthday party). For the material I simply used a normal map and an environment map, and I think I could use the same material for the gold walls as well. Gonna test it now in OD.

As for the particle emitter, isn't it possible to spawn 3D objects directly with an emitter and let them fall on the ground or can they only emit 2D sprites?
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby Skorpio » 07 Jun 2013, 20:32

The gold nugget is in the OD repo now.
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 07 Jun 2013, 21:14

Skorpio {l Wrote}:Yes, SVN access would be practical. I still need to fix a few things on the nugget and will upload it to the OD repository (had no time yesterday because I was on a birthday party). For the material I simply used a normal map and an environment map, and I think I could use the same material for the gold walls as well. Gonna test it now in OD.

As for the particle emitter, isn't it possible to spawn 3D objects directly with an emitter and let them fall on the ground or can they only emit 2D sprites?

About the SVN: Do you have an Google-Mail account? Or you can just create one? Just because Google-Code says "Each email address must correspond to an existing Google Account." otherwise I can not add you to the allowed Committers.

The "native" particle emitter from JMonkey supports only Sprites because its much faster of course. You can make this with 3d Objects by hand too buts cost some Performance. The ParticleEmitters are very Powerfull, you can´t see cleary thats its only 2d spirtes if you make it good. So I think at least we should give it a try.

Do you watch the Video? You like the way the Chickens move? Or shall I change some animationsspeeds? If you have SVN Access you can simply change them yourself in the Setup-XML for all the Assets used in the Game.
Flipflop

Postby Skorpio » 08 Jun 2013, 20:53

I don't have a google-mail account, but I can sign in with my normal e-mail address.

I'll check out the animation speeds later.
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 08 Jun 2013, 21:30

Skorpio {l Wrote}:I don't have a google-mail account, but I can sign in with my normal e-mail address.

I'll check out the animation speeds later.

Ok, I add you to the commiters with your e-mail address. Hope its working.
Flipflop