New Idea for Tilesets

New Idea for Tilesets

Postby Flipflop » 10 Feb 2013, 17:00

Hey Guys,

I just found this on Blendswap: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/66485

Question for the experciened Blender-Peopöle: Is it possible to create Tilesets out of that for the Claimed-Walls?

Or is it too complicated?

- Flipflop
Flipflop

Re: New Idea for Tilesets

Postby TheAncientGoat » 10 Feb 2013, 17:43

It's quite a lot of polys for something that could be done with a texture + normal/bumpmap. IMO, textures + modeled decorations that get attached to the walls are the way to go.
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby Skorpio » 10 Feb 2013, 18:06

TAG is right about the poly count. With the array modifier and curves you can only repeat one wall segment over and over to quckly build a long row, but I don't think this will make the creation of a tile set easier. Also, I think you have to model the walls by hand, if they should fit correctly to each other.

My Tile Set Mk 3 idea seems to be the better alternative, even though I still have some problems with the dirt walls. At least the claimed walls will be very easy to create, you'd just need a roof, a corner and a flat wall segment.
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 10 Feb 2013, 18:09

Hm...okay, got your Points.

Ah right. That set MK3. I remember. Can I find it in your OD-Sources? Should give it a try. Looks already pretty good.
Flipflop

Postby Skorpio » 10 Feb 2013, 18:17

No, it's just a mock-up at the moment. I have to improve the high poly version first before I can bake the normals to a low poly mesh, and I also have to texture it first.
Skorpio
OD Moderator