The Chicken

Re: The Chicken

Postby Danimal » 14 May 2013, 22:23

Easiest solution, each time a chicken is eaten play a "chicken death" sound and make some feathers fly around the point the chicken was, kind of like when you slapped one in DK. Or you can transform for a second the chicken on a roasted chicken with some small magic effect before its eaten, since they are magical right? junk food to the max.

Animations could be more inmersing, but think each creature has different heigth and some of them doesnt even have hands, above solutions could e more efficient in my opinion.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 16 May 2013, 12:16

yep, thats all very good ideas not not tooo difficult to make.

Right now I want to focus on buildings, placeable by the player, to push the hole thing more to a game :)
Flipflop

Postby Flipflop » 16 May 2013, 15:33

Ok I worked a little bit on the Animations...and the general behaviour of the chickens...so there is now more randomization....now it´s better Danimal? (I think we should discuss the Chicken here, not in the News-Thread ^^)

youtu.be/WBrhIDhnQNk

- Flipflop
Flipflop

Postby Danimal » 16 May 2013, 20:52

Yeah, i think its much better. Also in the near future the skeleton model will be ready, and every dungeon NEEDS a skeleton :cool: ,im sure he will make the dungeon way more "cheerful"
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 17 May 2013, 02:24

Danimal {l Wrote}:Yeah, i think its much better. Also in the near future the skeleton model will be ready, and every dungeon NEEDS a skeleton :cool: ,im sure he will make the dungeon way more "cheerful"

cant wait to use him...or "it"? :)
Flipflop

Postby Flipflop » 29 May 2013, 10:54

You will add nice Animations to the Skeleton like to the Adventurer? Btw. is it okay that I use the Adventurer as a Thief or something like that in the early Game? Working on some simple Gameplay-Elements
Flipflop

Postby Danimal » 29 May 2013, 12:39

Hi Flipflop, i wont stop you from using the adventurer however you like ;)
These days im quite busy, but starting next month things will get calmer and i can retake work on several half finished models.

For the skeleton i have planned these animations:
Walk
Run
Idle (juggling its skull?)
Sleep (on an open grave,just a pose)
Attack 1 Stab
Attack 2 Slash
Attack 3 Heavy slash
Shield block
Cheering (raising and lowering sword)
Dancing (just because i know you will ask for it)
Death 1 (fall on his back and pieces roll everywhere)
Death 2 (pieces explodes everywhere, feets only keeps standing on a comical way)

I believe thats more than enought, you think something is missing? also, what do you think about the idle animation? skull juggling or something else? What kind of dancing fits an skeleton?
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 29 May 2013, 14:23

Why not just make several Idle-Animations in the same Model? So we can create some code-created Randomness :)
Flipflop