How to export multi-part model to IQM?

How to export multi-part model to IQM?

Postby John_III » 18 May 2013, 03:27

Just for kicks, I decided to animate and export a bow/explosive arrow combination for RE. I know that in the IQM format the animated object must be the child of a bone. In this case, since I have both the bow and arrow, with separate animations for each, how would I go about exporting this animated model to IQM?

The bow model is from Blendswap with a CC-0 license.

I've included the WIP .blend file for reference. The animations are not complete at this point.
Attachments
wip_bow_animation.blend
(10.53 MiB) Downloaded 289 times
John_III

Re: How to export multi-part model to IQM?

Postby Julius » 18 May 2013, 17:06

Not quite sure if I get what your problem is.

As far as I understand the system you would need an extra player weapon holding, (reloading) and shooting animation iqm and corresponding code to call up that weapon anims (in reference to the player.cfg).
Than you have (in each weapon directory) a vwep config for the 3rd person representation of the weapon, which as far as I can tell does not support anims (but maybe technically it does, but is currently not used) and a hwep config which will load specific anims for the weapon in 1st person.
Last but not least you have a specific hwep.cfg back in the player directory telling the hud_hand mesh how to animated according to the 1st person anims of the weapon.

Note that the weapon is only animated in itself, e.g. for example opening a shell eject vault and follows the hand tag in regards to the overall position and rotation as by specified in the hud_hands anim.
Important in your specific case is probably that due to the use of the right hand as the one with the tag, it would probably make things much easier if you would use the right hand to hold the bow also (and not the left like your preview picture shows).
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby qreeves » 18 May 2013, 22:54

Julius {l Wrote}:which as far as I can tell does not support anims (but maybe technically it does, but is currently not used)

It does, and it is not currently used (and therefore untested I guess).
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby LuckyStrike-Rx » 24 May 2013, 21:53

You select both mesh and export. I dont think it can support 2 dif armature.
Just make sure to name the mesh correctly in the cfg when you assigning a texture.
LuckyStrike-Rx