WIP: Dinomeka!

WIP: Dinomeka!

Postby cdxbow » 30 Apr 2013, 17:08

I was looking at some dinosaur skeletons and I thought the leg arrangement wasn't too different from a 'goat walker' mek. So I very quickly rigged up a raptor and it looked like this:
mek_to_raptor.jpg

The mek, by the way is at the top. I have never been happy with the animations of this one, but the legs did find their way into the Big Pig. Visit http://teamxbow.org/video/dino5 to see a video showing a few of the animations. The rigging is not perfect, the texture slapped on, and a few kinks in the animation (see tail at end) but it doesn't look to bad.
cdxbow

Re: WIP: Dinomeka!

Postby cdxbow » 15 Jul 2013, 03:30

Not a Dinomeka, but a pteradon. First there are a couple of flying animations, then a glide (needs some flutter of the wingtips), a dive pose and a death sequence. The skeleton was a bird, and it probably has a few too many bones, especially in the feet, so I think I need to do a bit of toe cutting before releasing the model. I haven't given up on the Ryzom monsters, I have a new plan for them.

youtu.be/5sYCGxtz5JI
cdxbow

Postby Evropi » 15 Jul 2013, 03:32

The only model left now is Godzilla.
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby cdxbow » 15 Jul 2013, 03:44

Funny you should mention Godzilla, it was my first attempt......
godzilla2.jpg

The skeleton is the same as the first dinomeka, but it's not properly rigged, the animations look like 2 ferrets in a bean bag.
cdxbow