Development stopped (ended).

Development stopped (ended).

Postby CryHam » 23 Sep 2015, 18:40

Update edit (4 Mar 2016):
Forum is now read only. Development eneded.

Original post:

Well, yeah, again that.
I'm busy IRL now. IDK for how long.
Link to previous topic. Last time, there was a 6 months of nothing period.

Either way SR is very feature rich since few versions so it could be called done long ago.
Naturally, I'm not interested in any feature requests, ideas etc. So far I know there aren't any big bugs.

Next huge thing would be using Ogre 2.1, but right now it's still far from what I need (no terrain, vegetation, grass and particles are WIP) and IMO developed rather slowly. I can't just write that myself. Moving SR to it would already be a gigantic thing, so nope.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: Development stopped.

Postby Akien » 25 Sep 2015, 10:30

I think SR can be considered somewhat feature-complete, so I'm not surprised that you'd want to focus on something else. As you say, there are no huge bugs being reported so far, and if there were, I'm pretty confident that you would still be around to fix them; so SR probably does not need to be "actively developed" right now.

As for OGRE, there are still no signs of a stable 2.1 release (not even 1.10 nor 2.0 yet), so it's probably not worth spending too much time on it right now. Once it's released, if there are really cool features that could benefit SR, motivation might kick back in, but for now, I think we can all understand that you want to stop.

Thanks again for working on 2.6 :)
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Re: Development stopped.

Postby Imerion » 28 Sep 2015, 23:34

I understand you want to take a pause. Just wanted to say I'm happy you stepped in an released 2.6! This game is one of the most impressive free games I know, and it's also very fun to play. Thanks again, and if you ever feel the want to add something more, know it is appreciated. :)
Try my games! : My Games - Read my FOSS Games Blog! : Free Game News
Imerion