Linux binaries for Release [solved]

Linux binaries for Release [solved]

Postby CryHam » 10 Jul 2013, 18:10

Yeah, sad news. Our friend who makes GNU/Linux binaries for each Release is on holiday and unable to make them until October.
I know few of you build from sources, but is anyone keen with the topic of making those binaries ? I know nothing about that, I'm on Windows sadly.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: Can anyone build Linux binaries for Release ?

Postby rubberduck » 11 Jul 2013, 08:08

i have an idea: you could ask someone from other games on this forum (for example supertuxkart), who makes this for "their" game
but i don't know if they really could help
https://notabug.org/rbduck/Nucleagacy
my puzzle / action game in godot 4
rubberduck

Postby charlie » 11 Jul 2013, 10:09

Whilst I don't agree with rubberduck on asking other projects directly; we do have the 'Project Showcase & Collaboration' forum which is desgined for outreach - especially task specific.

viewforum.php?f=22
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Calinou » 20 Jul 2013, 13:57

I tried making some; I built SR successfuly but it complains about a missing RenderSystem_GL.so when running. When using the 2.0 libs, the libraries load but SR segfaults when run.

EDIT: I copied the libs using the script in dist/linux-archive, now the game segfaults after window creation.

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
GLRenderSystem::_createRenderWindow "Stunt Rally", 1024x768 windowed  miscParams: FSAA=0 title=Stunt Rally vsync=false
GLXWindow::create used FBConfigID = 261
An exception has occured: OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Invalid box. in GLXWindow::copyContentsToMemory at /build/buildd/ogre-1.7.4+dfsg1/RenderSystems/GL/src/GLX/OgreGLXWindow.cpp (line 642)
INFO: Exiting
*-*-* OGRE Shutdown
Unregistering ResourceManager for type Compositor
Unregistering ResourceManager for type Font
Unregistering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
Unregistering ResourceManager for type Mesh
Unregistering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
Uninstalling plugin: ParticleFX
Plugin successfully uninstalled
Unloading library lib/Plugin_ParticleFX
Uninstalling plugin: GL RenderSystem
Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)

EDIT 2: removed Ogre 1.7.4 and kept Ogre 1.8.0, now it doesn't start (it looks like SR didn't care about my installed 1.8.0, or wants both). Even after doing a "make clean" and recompiling.
Calinou

Postby CryHam » 20 Jul 2013, 14:30

From what I managed to understand, if you run SR successfully (you've build from sources) this should be enough to make Linux binaries.
The binaries have all the libs needed included and when starting executable it loads those included.
The scripts in dist/linux-archive look for them in system and should be able to make those binaries. So far we know that glibc has to be included also.
MyGui needs to be build from sources.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby Tapio » 07 Aug 2013, 12:43

For future reference, I created some scripts and a guide for creating an SR linux archive that includes needed libraries (see folder "dist/linux-archive" in git), which I used for the 2.1 release.
Tapio

Re: Linux binaries for Release [solved]

Postby Wuzzy » 08 Aug 2013, 01:06

I just wanted to let you know that I downloaded the 2.1 Linux binaries and tested them. They work. :)
Wuzzy