N1-FogCity [in 2.5]

N1-FogCity [in 2.5]

Postby Wuzzy » 30 Jul 2014, 22:08

I created a new track! It is called “FogCity”.
FogCity features an all-asphalt all bridge track which goes around the scyscrapers of a city. Scyscrapers which extend from a dense fog (you can’t see the floor, which is intended!).
The road features a long tilted road to speed and a short 90° tilted road (Try to find it in the screenshot! :D). There are two minor inconveniences, some “speed bumps” and a small concrete obstacle.

The track has been tested extensively with CT. It is difficult to manage this track with the CT, but it is fun. The M3 is very easy to drive on this track.

Currently (pre 2.4) you need the development version of Stunt Rally to play this track.

Attachments
FogCity1.1.zip
(217.28 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
Last edited by Wuzzy on 03 Aug 2014, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Wuzzy

Re: FogCity

Postby Julius » 30 Jul 2014, 22:55

That's a pretty neat idea! I think the scale is off though. Fewer, but bigger buildings would be probably better.
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: FogCity (track)

Postby CryHam » 30 Jul 2014, 23:20

Wow. This is a cool track. Both look idea and the drive.
Sure it's limited to the low quality of the city scraper models. But I like it.
I'd adjust for less car damage (game tab in ed), it's quite easy to not finish it hitting wall, while road is narrow.
I got a tricky question, what scenery is this :lol: ? Yeah, but jokes aside, seriously I have to name the front of the track with prefix.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby Wuzzy » 31 Jul 2014, 01:33

How about “City” or “Asphalt”? lol
If you are not sure, how about introducing a pseudo-scenery called “Other” (prefix “Z”; last letter of the alphabet) for tracks where the scenery is unsure yet. If it turns out a certain type of scenery gets used often, a proper category may be created then.
The concept of scenery is just a convention anyways, technically there’s no reason to limit ourselves to the existing sceneries. The same is true for prefix. The only reason there’s a problem for you is because you’re so obsessed with prefixes. xD

@Julius: I consider this track to be finished; I probably won’t make changes. Feel free to do it yourselves. :P. And I don’t think it is off scale too much. The highest point on the track is at about Y=100.
If I want to remake the track with larger buildings, I probably would have start from the beginning again. Unless someone has a better idea.
Wuzzy

Postby Calinou » 31 Jul 2014, 10:47

I like the idea of Z scenery, for special stuff that doesn't fit anywhere. Tracks like I-WaterWorld would probably fit into that category too.

We could also have an editor setting to not have any terrain, for lighter track size and much higher performance. Useful for aerial tracks like this one.

Don't forget to set lots of damage to terrain, in order to fully damage vehicles hitting the bottom.
Calinou

Postby CryHam » 03 Aug 2014, 17:42

Guys. Do you even (read Roadmap) ? Z is already taken. How about N ?
I like the size of those buildings. Maybe minimap isn't great but whatever, there is fog lower.
There isn't special damage for terrain, would affect road walls too. Terrain damage is per second.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby Wuzzy » 03 Aug 2014, 18:09

I don’t see much point in adding terrain damage. If you fall off the road, you messed up anyways.

CryHam, take whatever letter you want. ;-)
Wuzzy

Postby Wuzzy » 03 Aug 2014, 18:54

Small update: Version 1.1 is there.
This is just an update to the preview image, since scyscraper3 has been fixed now. Download it from the first post.
Wuzzy

Re: N1-FogCity [in 2.5]

Postby CryHam » 21 Sep 2014, 11:15

Is now on master.
I made columns a bit bigger and picked different preview angle.
CryHam
SR Moderator