F-RallyRoad (track)

F-RallyRoad (track)

Postby Calinou » 17 Oct 2013, 16:56

Hard, fairly long track with pipes and jumps. Beware of the sharp turn near the end.

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/823 ... lyRoad.zip

Difficulty: Hard
Time: about 2:40
License: GNU GPL v3+

Installation instructions: extract the .zip file and put the directory in:
- Windows: %APPDATA%\stuntrally\data\tracks
- GNU/Linux: ~/.local/share/games/stuntrally/data/tracks

Last edited by Calinou on 24 May 2014, 19:35, edited 9 times in total.
Calinou

Re: F18-RallyRoad

Postby Tapio » 17 Oct 2013, 17:53

The surrounding terrain was a bit too bland in some places for my taste, but kudos for making a pipe section that you can't blindly boost through. :)

I also saw a couple of wrong checkpoint notifications, but not consistently. I'm pretty sure it was not because of rewinding, so maybe double check that there aren't checkpoints in near road crossings.
Tapio

Postby Wuzzy » 18 Oct 2013, 09:01

Hehe, yes, non-trivial pipes are neccessary, too. Especially those where you can drive looping-style (kinda).

The terrain is okay so far. But I think some trees are sometimes too small and look strange that way.

I don’t see this track as a “forest” themed track actually, because there is no forest. It would be more like a plains theme but there is no plains theme at the moment.

On road regment 59 there is clearly a bad checkpoint, it collides with the bridge nearby. This is the only bad checkpoint I found.

Calinou {l Wrote}:- Linux: ~/.local/data/tracks

Are you, really, really sure? ;)
Wuzzy

Postby Calinou » 18 Oct 2013, 14:52

Wuzzy {l Wrote}:On road regment 59 there is clearly a bad checkpoint, it collides with the bridge nearby. This is the only bad checkpoint I found.

I was wondering why I get bad checkpoint warning near the start sometimes, thanks for reporting. :)

Wuzzy {l Wrote}:

That's the path in 2.1 (latest stable release, which I use), in Git it was changed to ~/.local/stuntrally/data/tracks.
Calinou

Postby Tapio » 22 Oct 2013, 16:29

Calinou {l Wrote}:
Wuzzy {l Wrote}:

That's the path in 2.1 (latest stable release, which I use), in Git it was changed to ~/.local/stuntrally/data/tracks.

Yeah, that is an unfortunate and embarrassing bug in 2.1 (not in 2.0 IIRC).
Tapio

Postby CryHam » 28 Oct 2013, 17:20

Hmm. Well it's a cool road.
But the whole track hasn't the quality we need (could be in SR 1.5, not in SR 2.2).
I don't find it difficult, it's nice and fast (maybe too fast and straight sometimes).
Bad camber in few corners (need to deform up on outside of corners and filter). Terrain would need a lot of work, doesn't fit much to road.
Really big batches count, drops Fps, probably need to set vegetation pages bigger, or sth more.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: F-RallyRoad (track)

Postby Calinou » 24 May 2014, 19:37

Updated to use 2.3 textures.
Calinou