V5- Sad [in ver 2.1]

V5- Sad [in ver 2.1]

Postby Wuzzy » 02 Jun 2013, 04:37

Here is my third track for Stunt Rally: “Sad”.

It goes in a similar direction as “Spikeland” because of the spikes. But the track is very different. It features some bridges, one pipe and a long muddy road and even some puddles. (Sorry, no larger puddles at the moment; I only can make small puddles but that’s a different thread.) I tried hard to avoid hard bumps. Small soft bumps are intended, big hard ones not. Report them if you encounter one (protip: I didn’t).
This track is very well drivable in both directions, I tested it. The track is certainly not easy, it may take some tries to finish it smoothly.

For this track I am open for small suggestions. Edit: not anymore! Fork you! :p

Oh, if you drove on this track, please answer the following question: Which of the following do you think?: The road is a) too broad b) too narrow c) just right.

The reason for the title “Sad”: Very dark atmosphere, heavy rain, a slippery mud road and those strange-looking spikes everywhere, but not as dense as in Spikeland. Yeah, this is sad. ;) I explicitly dedicate this track to the volcanic category, since Spikeland did go to volcanic (which was imho a good decision). And this scenery feels slightly more “mountain-y”.
Attachments
view4forum.jpg
Screenshot of “Sad”
Last edited by Wuzzy on 07 Oct 2013, 22:30, edited 2 times in total.
Wuzzy

Re: Sad

Postby CryHam » 02 Jun 2013, 10:16

Cool. I like it a lot.
Will be as V5-Sad in next release.
I don't see anything I would change, it's good as it is (so answer c).
There is a broad part, but also a tight curly part - so that's good (and I like that it is long). J17 has even broader parts.
I like the fluids and pipe, makes it more attractive and fun, while being in sad scenery.

As a note for myself It is so dark that having car lights would be cool (but this is a big todo),
and the 2nd (known) issue is that fluids are too bright, they still don't light properly in dark sceneries.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Sad version 2

Postby Wuzzy » 17 Jun 2013, 13:08

Here is a quick fix for “Sad”. I changed the track ID to V5 because it has an unique lighting. This is important for the correct coloring of the imposters. This version is record-compatible with the first version, which means records from the first version are valid for version 2, too because I only made a cosmetic change. I also updated the preview image which looks slightly better than the previous one.
Wuzzy

Re: Sad [in ver 2.1]

Postby CryHam » 18 Jun 2013, 08:23

Ok. Updated.
CryHam
SR Moderator