Grc13-YeleyStunts

Grc13-YeleyStunts

Postby EP » 07 May 2022, 10:13

Yeley peninsula. Long, but fast track with many stunts.

https://ufile.io/7lhmpg32

Yeley stunts.JPG
EP

Re: race track yeley stunts

Postby CryHam » 07 May 2022, 17:58

Cool track. Will be in SR. I liked seeing skyscrapers from inside loops here.
Feels a bit stretched and too long for me, I will try scaling it down, not much.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby EP » 07 May 2022, 22:07

Great that it ll be in, sure you can change it as you like. I was not too bothered by the lenght, bcs I red this week, bcs I was curious about real rally length stages and turned out e.g. real life wrc rally upto 50 km per stage though mostly shorter. No I did not want to go that much think it then needs more terrain size not too become hyper dense. But yes needs to stay interesting as well in game, so sure change as you like. Think one day also the 50km may happen and beyond, though personally not on it right now. Yes quite fun these skycraper reference in view while upside down happen to enhance the upside down feeling indeed.
Tried b.t.w. your suggestion to also download the objects. And this worked for the Han buildings and have them now in the editor as well. The satellite is not in though, but I conservatively copied files. Not worrying about this now though. Though cool the Han building are now in the editor to.
EP

Postby CryHam » 07 May 2022, 23:23

Cool. Ah okay satellite objects got new folder, which old editor doesn't look into. I think it should work if you put all from that new objects2/ folder into your objects/ folder. And delete your objects2/ if you have.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: Grc13-YeleyStunts

Postby CryHam » 10 May 2022, 01:39

Allright done, is in SR repo.
I did many things. Scaled down a bit, is 24 km now, not a big difference. Doesn't feel too streched, still there are few fast straights.
Changed road materials, to more natural, added 2nd asphalt.
Decorated terrain, looks nice. And used it in few places as road support, no columns otherwise.
Also made some simple obstacles with terrain. Added some small terrain jumps (in straight parts). And few water/mud ponds.
Checkpoints, yeah have to do them myself always.
Great stunt track. Definitely wins for having 4 loops in same place.

CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: Grc13-YeleyStunts

Postby EP » 10 May 2022, 17:02

Great yes tried it and the road definately got a bit more interesting on the before longer straight parts with these terrain obstacles, bumps and pools. So definately improved. Yip many loops at one point, saw the oppertunity along the way of building it, as I started in stage 1 with the road and made some multi crossings, then started to insert some loops at some of the crossing, and then saw could insert also loops on all the paths of these multi crossing hence at one multi crossing the 4 at one point loop emerged.
EP