Sur7-UaraHills

Sur7-UaraHills

Postby EP » 28 Apr 2022, 18:40

Short track to balance the longer ones. Again could be the last one for a long while. Keep saying it because it could be true now.

Plain rally with two small jumps, grass landscape.

https://ufile.io/92h1v3a4

UaraHills.JPG
EP

Re: race track Uara Hills

Postby CryHam » 02 May 2022, 16:22

It is okay. I'm thinking of banking most turns, they still feel bit sudden.
And since I've already seen that windmill too often, I'm for adding some new objects, like these big Satellite Ground Stations:
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/satelli ... ccedad73dd
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/satelli ... 2140bbff57
But yeah I'm finishing 2 cars now, have to do new trees, rocks, shrooms etc. so I'm leaving this for later.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby EP » 04 May 2022, 18:35

ok, yes more objects could be interesting
great yes I like the U8 car looks a lot....
trees sure, there are many good trees already
but I often make lists of ideas on the go, those are not todo's for me but just a backlog
not decided to act upon but clean mind and park ideas in the moment
regarding trees now you are on it finding new one I have 4 classes there which I did not find
one is really spring trees with flowers (white pink etc.), there is no real spring track, second are trees with fruit like apples oranges etc.
third trees without any leaves which is very regular in winter time, fourth trees wiout leaves of evergreen with frost on it (not like snow but ice)
o yes and I see also the megatrees like sequoia
not expecting any of these, but these where just things I put on the list which I could not find at all yet
EP

Postby CryHam » 04 May 2022, 21:43

Allright, I actually did it already. Is in SR repo.
Found 3 cool, ready to use satellite station antennas, and I think they fit nicely here.
I also banked whole road (just deform up outside turns, and down on inside, then filter along road).
Now turns are not sudden, nice and faster to drive. They don't feel artificial, like straight after align to road tool. I like it. :)

CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: Sur7-UaraHills

Postby CryHam » 04 May 2022, 21:55

Apropos tress etc.:
I have planned Spring and Post Apocaliptic sceneries, but for far future probably.
I actually found some of those you said: spring and empty trees, so I think there will be some available in SR soon.
As for fruits, I found a mango tree but those mangos had a lot of triangles, so I removed them. I don't think we can afford fruits or other high poly stuff on trees. At least not with old Ogre.
I found some huge cypress tree. I think I'll manage to create few of them and put in SR. Those are usually too high poly to have. I'd be ok with few trees of 30k triangles (normally 7k is high already), but over 100k for one tree that's impossible. Usually leaves make it so high, too small. Man I wish a 3d artist or even a botanist joined. :lol:
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby EP » 05 May 2022, 17:46

great it is in and that more trees are being added....
tried it, nice only have to wait to see the new objects, now they are empty in my version
EP

Postby CryHam » 06 May 2022, 19:52

Right.
I wrote in that other topic how you could get them manually if you wanted.
CryHam
SR Moderator