Sur6-AkkaPadre

Sur6-AkkaPadre

Postby EP » 24 Apr 2022, 00:53

Race track on a brown exoplanet.

https://ufile.io/61tmhoza

AkkaPadre.JPG

Said it few times before, but probably last for a long while, think this is enough for quite a while even though it is basically infite and still many ideas. Found some time this weekend and then I always want to finish it so it got a bit late as well, but tomorrow Sunday to relax and go also outside weather is getting quite good now.
EP

Re: race track Akka Padre

Postby CryHam » 24 Apr 2022, 01:27

Wow :o This is an incredible track.
Original look and scenery, great views, smooth and interesting drive, cool stunts, everything well put together.
Will be in SR for sure. I'll see if I can improve terrain, but otherwise all great already.
Cool. Thanks. Definitely your tracks are a big part of SR now and next release.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby EP » 25 Apr 2022, 20:33

Happy you appreciate and great it can be in SR. Think though it is still a very small percentage I think really not even 0.1 % of all work into the game certainly not when considering all history, but some small percent of tracks maybe yes and some more percent maybe of tracks of update. Also it is a relatively fun and easy part with results fast visible and no difficult debugging. Furhtermore you helped improve them as well and contributed also to the tracks, thanks for that otherwise it was also not possible. Anyway hope it helps. Especially hope more tracks are going to be build by many etc. that the game will grow further also the new graphics engine, new elements to build with sceneries, skies, clouds like objects, color pallet and structure slection of scenery elements perhaps, tunneling, larger terrains possible (even if only to prevent seeing the edges when in really high mountains etc. etc. In my view it can be the best racing game for creative people a bit both real and fantasy oriented. It is certainly one of my favorite games alraedy as it is now.
EP

Postby CryHam » 28 Apr 2022, 23:45

Right. Yeah that would be great.
Some stuff could be possible with new Ogre like bigger terrains, faster vegetation. But that is quite distant future still, and a lot needs to be ported to it.

Allright, I modified it and now I'm happy with the result, I think it's even better. Is in SR repo.
Added more road materials, fixed terrain blendmap, generally more color now. More grass types too.
Did also bank some terrain turns and broaden some sharp ones, etc. Checkpoints too.
Most pipes are now glass only, no wall (that new feature).
Added more pipe high in big cave, top right corner of minimap, since there was a sudden change in previous version.
One day I will have to make a new sky with a red dwarf too.
This is really an impressive track with great views and awesome caves.

CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: Sur6-AkkaPadre

Postby EP » 29 Apr 2022, 17:30

Cool nice, yes certainly improved further nice color choice addition and much nice tube cave ride now.
EP