Isl17-AdapterIslands

Isl17-AdapterIslands

Postby EP » 29 Mar 2022, 17:17

Race track on the Adapter islands.

Quite long and challenging, rally, beach, mountains, stunt, small villages.

https://ufile.io/1vsdp7d9 (30 days)

AdapterIslands.JPG
EP

Re: race track Adapter Islands

Postby CryHam » 29 Mar 2022, 21:22

Very pretty track.
I'll try improving FPS and maybe add some other vegetation too, since I saw only palms. Also that terrain layer is actually snow, I'll replace it with similar gray rock.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby EP » 30 Mar 2022, 21:23

Great, yes used the snow because of the white color, but perhaps there is a better option with similar effect.
EP

Postby CryHam » 02 Apr 2022, 17:02

Awesome. Took me a while, but it's in SR now.
I made it smoother, can drive faster, less surprises. Used align terrain to road again in few places. Banked sharp terrain turns.
Improved FPS, it's good now.
Road columns are gone, only a few left. For such long tracks simply do not add any (key End toggles), I may change the default. Worst is when you can't even see those and they still take 1 batch each. And don't even hide in distance.
One more thing, still checkpoints: have at least 3 road points between them. When on terrain at least 1.6 radius, 1.8 is better. Put only when road changes like 90 degrees. Could add more in small tracks but no need here.
I think I'm gonna make a track now. All this fixing made me hungry.

CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: Isl17-AdapterIslands

Postby EP » 02 Apr 2022, 20:36

Thanks, great that it could be added. Yes in fact I tried with the checkpoints, but some which I removed continued to show road direction signs and others which I added (in the water crossing) did not appear. Yes ll be cool some more tracks, I will probably add a little less, various post were actually tracks I broke ground on earlier but did not yet really finish so that way could post a few more these days still. Think it is kind of enough from one contributor from my side (more than 10 now, even though actually still many ideas for tracks and two more I still broke ground on but I may not finish any time soon) and great seed for next release perhaps if it will be done. I happened to have some time but that is usually not so much the case. So but made use of it as I enjoyed the track building, sometimes even fogetting to eat and drink for few hours later.... but who knows perhaps still find some time.... anyway looking forward to see and try the new tracks comming out!
EP

Postby CryHam » 03 Apr 2022, 11:20

Well, surely your tracks will be a big part of next release 2.7. :D
It will be a content focused release I see, with also quite a few new vehicles. I don't expect 2.7 soon, probably at least 2-3 months. I'm still at the time of doing things with most fun (like tracks and cars), and will have to do all necessary stuff for it later, eventually.
Yeah, for me SR track editor is still the 1st coolest program to use, probably Blender would be on 2nd place. I'm in the middle of making new track, I will post when it's done.
Thank you for your time and efforts on tracks. But take care, don't forget to eat, drink or sleep enough :o
I'm just curious, can you share which country are you in (or timezone)?
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby EP » 03 Apr 2022, 16:02

Great that a new version will be comming out, even if content focussed.
Country is Netherlands, actually south, province of Limburg in the north part of this province. All regions in Netherlands as in probably any country we learn more about are very different.
Limburg also has a dialect language very different from main Dutch. In fact every village again is a bit different also in dialect as probably also true in most countries.
Even though perhaps these differences might further decrease in the future and local languages become less used...
EP