Grc10-BeachCity (Tropical Beach Fun)

Grc10-BeachCity (Tropical Beach Fun)

Postby EP » 13 Mar 2022, 15:58

Finally a track with some buildings in there. Stunts on the sea.

SeaCityStunt.JPG

Attachments
TropicalBeachFun.7z
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
EP

Re: Race track Tropical Beach Fun

Postby CryHam » 13 Mar 2022, 17:10

Wow. You are making really good stuff. :cool:
Will surely go into SR. Nice original ideas. Driving in water pipe is quite slow, but cool.
I think of adding a bit of grass, since there is none. I'd like to call it TropicalBeach, TropicBeachCity or BeachCity, since no tracks have 3 words yet and it's too broad in list. Also it's a tradition to add City to track names if they have many buildings.
And I can fix those dynamic objects. They didn't get Simulated (key C). Usually you put them a bit higher and press C to settle on terrain. Now they either fall when touched or hide under terrain :D.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby EP » 15 Mar 2022, 17:36

Thanks for appreciating. Yes can be modified anyway you like it. Good to know this simulated, will resectrict the name then to two parts and add city or village, town etc. when there are buildings.
EP

Postby CryHam » 15 Mar 2022, 18:39

I also found some tires already under terrain :lol: and moved them above.
Cool. So here's the thing: I'm gonna drop the stunt part. This is already a great looking city track.
And that part takes a long time to drive slowly underwater (which is now in IslandVillages and shorter), then those open loop jumps are difficult, I have to rewind few times always to pass. And last reason is performance. There are already many buildings and dynamic objects so it drops FPS (each is rendered once, no instancing).
I guess I could leave those pipes not driveable, for a fancy look.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby EP » 15 Mar 2022, 21:12

yes, think it also happened in the new one. I did not find a fast way to check on all the objects. Thinking about it now maybe looking at the coordinates if not visible.
so will do my best on that in the future.
yes leaving the stunt, I did not actually properly finish it and optimize the track such that the allowed range of speed and direction is good and that in the rest of the pipe one does not get twisted easily, so should have spend few more hours on it to make it properly.... also it may be something todo one day to have the proper tunnel, also with glass wall....
real tunneling (and also overhanging mountains), is of course something high on the list of added value.... probably less high on the list of to add bcs it may be a deep addition as it may affec the the whole mesh objects...
EP

Re: Grc10-BeachCity (Tropical Beach Fun)

Postby CryHam » 16 Mar 2022, 02:19

Allright. Is now in SR repo.
Did some adjustments. The stunt pipe area is still there, just now as an optional part you can explore. Has different entrance, same exit, and I moved it closer to city.
I've improved performance, I got more FPS now at start place, is high and smooth.
One more thing: disable road columns whenever not needed or even visible (like here under city road). This matters for FPS.
I also rotated and varied suburban houses. They had same default rotation. We need to vary things so they don't look repetitive.
Added a bit of grass.
Made the asphalt behave like it (more grip and no dust).
Look almost didn't change:
CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: Grc10-BeachCity (Tropical Beach Fun)

Postby EP » 17 Mar 2022, 01:04

nice idea, do not know yet how to do this, think very usefull to indeed have optional parts in a track for several applications....
agree improved on several points, nice!
EP