Sur9-HexForest

Sur9-HexForest

Postby rubberduck » 03 Jun 2023, 15:58

Strange place in a strange forest with extremely bumpy and banked roads, sometimes sudden. Caution: this side looping is extreme too.

view.jpg

https://sebastianplaten.lima-city.de/ot ... Forest.zip

I used some of the latest assets I posted it in the other thread, including the pink jelly river and updated strange water.

I am not sure, maybe this track could be polished a bit at some parts, but not that much.
(Edit: I actually forgot to add checkpoints in the end, for the last 20 - 30 segments )

And if it is too easy for you to be a difficulty-extreme-track, feel free to make it even harder and crazier. could be more and stronger banked road or another looping

update: here is the fixed road that has the previously missing checkpoints
road.xml
(17.54 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
https://notabug.org/rbduck/Nucleagacy
my puzzle / action game in godot 4
rubberduck

Re: Sur9-HexForest

Postby CryHam » 03 Jun 2023, 21:05

Wow, this is an incredible track and I think it wins the award for most creative track so far. I mean it got new meshes, new fluids, animated road-river and other cool, unique stuff.
It surely is very slow and curly. I didn't suspect any track will match For14-Maze track's level of curliness (how much of steering is needed, in other words: many short opposite turns).
Sadly, it is also one of the most Fps dropping tracks, in old SR. Because it has lots of objects, and in old SR each placed object was always new draw call, we don't have HW instancing there. This won't be an issue and hopefully one day it will be in SR3 with 60 Fps, looking good too. Right now all water, fluids and rivers suck in SR3.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby rubberduck » 03 Jun 2023, 21:39

I have another tiny update, only the road.xml (track description) and scene.xml (one object added) changed
Attachments
scene.xml
(94.33 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
road.xml
(17.56 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
https://notabug.org/rbduck/Nucleagacy
my puzzle / action game in godot 4
rubberduck

Postby CryHam » 04 Jun 2023, 23:54

Okay, I think I've got all needed stuff in latest versions and put it in repos.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby CryHam » 09 Jun 2023, 17:11

I improved Fps somewhat. It's decent now 60 Fps drops down to 30.
I found plenty of barrels under terrain :? Well it's not the first time. I'm not sure how this happens, do you guys put them not high enough above terrain and then turn on simulation, they fall down, and you forget them? Well in such case you should select all and move above terrain, and simulate again, or just remove them.
So I removed them and also removed most columns. Sadly in old SR one object, or one column is one batch (draw call) and in old Ogre (I mean ours with shiny from 2012 which has no HW instancing) this decreases Fps a lot if there are many.
Only good thing is, that this makes no noticeable difference in SR3 at all, so I'm even adding columns recently.
CryHam
SR Moderator