Aus10-PreythCity

Aus10-PreythCity

Postby EP » 27 Apr 2022, 21:51

One more probably last now for a long while, but somehow I keep getting interested in making some track, though I must stop bcs should spend my time on some other stuff: City on a pinkisch mineral lake. Inspired from those other tracks with some mist in the water, like this feature.... (found them accidentallly on the internet e.g. https://www.rd.com/list/pink-lakes/).

https://ufile.io/bfhslznz

PreythCity.JPG
EP

Re: Preyth City race track

Postby CryHam » 27 Apr 2022, 23:32

Pretty awesome track. I really enjoy your tracks. They are original, have big area, are long to drive and well made too. They cast a shadow at all our tracks from previous versions since they were almost all so small :D .
Will be in SR. probably not much modified.
Yeah I saw once those pink lakes, great idea for a track. I made AcidLakes also being inspired by such pictures from real life.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: Preyth City race track

Postby EP » 28 Apr 2022, 18:30

Happy that you like them. Enjoy all the tracks in the game, think allmost all are very amazing. Sometimes a shorter one I think is actually good, in the beginning I enjoyed most the short ones and often still. Now since I use the backspace seeing that this stills keeps the time counting longer tracks have become more doable for me, first I never used backspace while driving only since recently. Also I think that in the beginning of development there was a lot of time required for development and also for finding the assests, sceneries, objects, etc.. Now more can be reused the possible combinations is much and available tools have become efficient so now more time with higher efficiency is available to create a longer track. Yet e.g. also in this track I think it didn't need to be this long, it could be a minute or one and half minute less without sacrificing much in hindsight regarding the elements present but on the other hand now it has more potential for driving and time setting.
EP

Re: Aus10-PreythCity

Postby CryHam » 29 Apr 2022, 01:44

Okay is in tracks repo.
Didn't modify much, just for more Fps.

Just one question, how am I supposed to drive those broken pipes in city, with no bottom? I think of fixing them, there isn't much space to speed up from opposite to get on side to cross them, and they aren't very straight to gain that speed either.

CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby EP » 29 Apr 2022, 17:43

Great it is in to. Yes this is also how I do it in those lacking floor tubes, a bit to opposite and then with good throttle keep the car up through. If you think this is a bit an awkward stunt in this limited space between the buildings and prefer a straight tube or some other improvements that is of course fine to.
EP

Postby CryHam » 14 May 2022, 20:25

Okay I fixed the city center pipes, before making track ghost. They are similar but now easier to drive, and still look similar.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby EP » 15 May 2022, 15:21

Nice, tried it. Agree got definately a bit better. More visible and less chance of crashing. also the inbetween part (of those two city stunts) is a bit more interesting now.
Also nice logo track idea, driving along the logo. Nice. Couldn't really try it though, in the old game editor many letters are absent...
b.t.w. have not been on tracks the last few days despite still various ideas, but think is enough and have to devote more attention to other stuff,
so most likely no new tracks from my side any time soon, just fyi....
EP

Postby CryHam » 15 May 2022, 15:28

Thanks. Sure I understand.
CryHam
SR Moderator