My first tries to create dynamic objects

My first tries to create dynamic objects

Postby Wuzzy » 11 Nov 2014, 03:36

Hi!
I have decided to create some simple dynamic objects for Stunt Rally and finally started to learn how Blender works. I am now capable to create some very simple meshes and can apply some basic textures.
My first try was a simple wooden plank. It’s really just a flat cuboid with a wooden texture, very simple, ultra-low polygon count of course and yet it could be pretty useful for all sorts of stunt tracks or even stunt parks. ;-)

I have tried to go this walkthrogh: https://code.google.com/p/vdrift-ogre/w ... ateObjects

The first problem I see here is that this walkthrough refers to the Ogre Command Line Tools which are apparently not available for GNU/Linux, only for Windows and Mac OS.

Anyways. I have successfully managed to export Suzanne and import it into a test track. So I could at least create static objects. I haven’t created any serious static objects yet.

But I fail to create dynamic objects. At the point where pressing the [P] key when the Blender Game Engine is running it is supposed to generate a file somewhere, but this does not happen.

So I am stuck because I cannot obtain the bullet file. Is there any other way I can get the bullet file? Also, I am a bit confused by the wiki page because nowhere it says anything about the object physics, which seems odd to me. Even if I succeeded, I could only export obects with some default physics using this guide. This wiki page needs some love. ;)

These are my questions:
  • How do I get the bullet file without those command line tools?
  • How and where do I configure the physics parameters for my dynamic object?
  • And what do the physics parameters mean?
Wuzzy

Re: My first tries to create dynamic objects

Postby scrawl » 15 Nov 2014, 21:37

The first problem I see here is that this walkthrough refers to the Ogre Command Line Tools which are apparently not available for GNU/Linux, only for Windows and Mac OS.

Of course those are available for linux. On Ubuntu, just install the ogre-1.9-tools package.

I edited the wiki to clarify this.
scrawl