Ogre plugins, building SR

Ogre plugins, building SR

Postby MajorLunaC » 12 May 2014, 18:27

Hi,

I've been trying to compile VDrift and its dependencies, but I need some clarification on the plug-ins. How exactly do I install OGRE Plug-ins/Add-ons? I know this sounds like a question I should ask at the OGRE forum (searching got me nowhere there), but I'm particularly confused about the specific add-ons listed for VDrift: http://code.google.com/p/vdrift-ogre/wiki/Compiling

*Ogre 1.9 Plugins - https://svn.code.sf.net/p/ogreaddons/code/trunk/
- OgrePaging = paginglandscape? simplepagedterrain?
- OgreTerrain = clipmapterrain? cubicfractalterrain? displacementmapterrain? simplepagedterrain?
- Plugin_ParticleFX = already at ogre-1.9/Plugins/ParticleFX? particleeditor?

First of all, I couldn't find the specific plugin/add-on names listed for VDrift except for in OGRE source/Plugins directory, as ParticleFX. I guess it's all that is needed for that plugin/add-on, although there is a particleeditor plugin/add-on. As for the other plugins/add-ons, which are the right ones?

Second of all, how are the plugins/add-ons installed? Do I add them to the OGRE source/Plugins directory where ParticleFX already is, and then compile OGRE, and do I need options to have them enabled (--with-ParticleFX?)? Or do I compile them separately and configure OGRE to find them somehow (compile add-ons/plugins before or after compiling OGRE?)? Are the add-ons/plugins considered libraries, so do they have to go in usr/lib64? Again, I've searched OGRE forums with no good results (maybe just a bad search engine).

I'd appreciate any clarification and help. :)
MajorLunaC

Re: VDrift-OGRE Add-ons or Plugins Setup?

Postby CryHam » 12 May 2014, 19:44

Hi.
No. That svn link is really not that what you need. It's something old and completely different.
You don't have to build anything.
The Ogre plugins come with Ogre and the -dev package installed should have them already.
We use only OgreOverlay, OgrePaging, OgreTerrain, and Plugin_ParticleFX, well and RenderSystem_GL.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: VDrift-OGRE Add-ons or Plugins Setup?

Postby MajorLunaC » 15 May 2014, 19:30

Thank you! Odd that all those Plugins are mentioned if they're included. Sorry for the delay, I've had tons of trouble sorting out dependency errors, but I finally got it it to work. Thanks :)
MajorLunaC