Some problems with the trackedior

Some problems with the trackedior

Postby rubberduck » 27 Sep 2013, 19:07

I have 2 problems, the first is, that it shows "wrong checkpoint" between two checkpoints but then it dissapears and the next checkpoint is the right one

then i have a problem with vegetation and distance to road.

i work on a second mars-track and i want to add stones, i copied stones from the first mars-track, i saw that they have distance to road, but they are on the road, i tried to "refresh" it with f8, but that doesn't help.
https://notabug.org/rbduck/Nucleagacy
my puzzle / action game in godot 4
rubberduck

Re: Some problems with the trackedior

Postby CryHam » 27 Sep 2013, 19:21

Hmm. Difficult to say what is it exactly.
If you marked 1st check, and road dir okay (editor doesn't complain in warnings) then the only reason would be probably that there is an other check in beetween, maybe from nearby road or some too big one ?

Try to save your track F4 then reload F5. This should recreate grass density map also used for placing with distance to road.
If you include a zip or 7z of the track I would know more. I can also fix errors after you make a track, no problem for me.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby rubberduck » 27 Sep 2013, 19:38

i don't have warnings when saving, i had some before, but not now

i also tried to save and load but i have the same problem with the stones

i also have a third problem now, i can't resize fluids with alt + LMB, (depth works with alt-RMB), i don't know why
is it able to change the key-binding for that?

i also want to upload the track tomorrow
rubberduck

Postby CryHam » 27 Sep 2013, 19:43

Hmm. No idea why resizing doesn't work. Unfortunatelly you can't rebind anything in editor.
Did you try it with Ctrl ? Should resize more.
If all fails you could change it in scene.xml of your track.
section <fluids>, and in <fluid edit parameter size="1938.47 20 2229.12". 1st and 3rd are the plane sizes, 2nd is height.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby rubberduck » 28 Sep 2013, 14:37

the only way is to change it in the xml file, i think it has something to do with my keyboard, it is not the best for my os.

it would be good, if you can copy objects, that could help when you want to copy scaled things like the stone-cave in my first mars-track (i had to resize every stone there)
rubberduck

Postby CryHam » 28 Sep 2013, 17:41

Yes. Copying objects isn't done and is a to do.
If you really need to you could copy it in scene.xml. The whole section <objects> .. </objects> and copy it to your new track's scene.xml.
Then in editor select all objects with Backspace (just note that you don't see anything when selected (needs a blue glow or sth))
(use PgDn move to next, until you have Sel: .. with count of all objects, IDK why isn't alt-Backspace (select all) working now).
When all are selected you can move them. (also scale all, but rotation doesn't work for whole just rotates every single object, heh is a next todo).

But yeah, sounds hopeless and too much.
For caves, it would be best if all this worked in editor, I hope I'll implement it soon.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby CryHam » 28 Sep 2013, 18:07

Btw. Are you using ver 2.1 or building from sources ? Because the current version seems a bit damaged after recent code changes, I'll fix asap.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby rubberduck » 28 Sep 2013, 20:50

i use the 2.1 version, i also have a small "warning" now, it says startdirection is not right, but i checked it, the start-direction is right,
(i have this warning since i moved the track a bit after i moved the start-point)

99% of my new track is done, i will upload it tomorrow.

one problem is, that the track is not drivable in reverse (because of the jumps), i don't know how important this is for you, can you do this, the problem when changing it for reverse, it must my drivable in both directions too.
Attachments
pipejumps2.jpg
pipejumps1.jpg
rubberduck

Postby CryHam » 28 Sep 2013, 21:16

Looks cool.
Well it's a simple check, it could be wrong. If you don't have "wrong checkpoint" in game then it's ok.
It's not too important to be drivable in both directions, but would be cool (usually gives a bit more to explore even though the track is the same). But with jumps it is usually difficult to do it.
I can try, but I'm guessing this would change somewhat the road, to fix you need to either make more straight road there or move the jump top higher so you jump further.
CryHam
SR Moderator