strange issues with my current track

strange issues with my current track

Postby rubberduck » 09 Jul 2023, 21:12

I have 2 strange issues while making my next track
the first one is, in this area the road is invisible in game, it is not set to invisible in the editor
invis_road.jpg

the second one is where I have some water near but it doesn't play when entering, but sometimes a few seconds later, or when I leave it again, not quite sure.

do you have any ideas what could cause one of this issues? I updated the SR version recently, if that matters.
https://notabug.org/rbduck/Nucleagacy
my puzzle / action game in godot 4
rubberduck

Re: strange issues with my current track

Postby CryHam » 09 Jul 2023, 22:07

I think I know the road getting invisible. This happens with long stretch of road with only 1 material. Game merges road and if it gets quite big then visibility distance may just hide it. I hope to replace this LoD visibility system with grid and regular stuff in SR3.
There are like 2 options, 1st probably best, just change the road material there, more often, once a while. 2nd is setting Road - Advanced - Road distance - Reverse to higher, maybe Road distance also if it's smaller. You can test this in editor too, press M to toggle Merge (like in game) in Road edit mode.

Not sure about water splash. Maybe it is too shallow? I think it plays only when entering water at some or higher speed, don't remember. I could test on track to know more. Or maybe there is another fluid area that overlaps and you're already inside that.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: strange issues with my current track

Postby rubberduck » 10 Jul 2023, 08:29

I fixed both issues now, as the track is not fully done yet, I had just one road material everywhere, still some parts look like this
unfinished.jpg

And the water worked after I deleted and added a new one, I don't know what it was, but it works again
https://notabug.org/rbduck/Nucleagacy
my puzzle / action game in godot 4
rubberduck