Beating Andromalius (possible spoilers?)

Beating Andromalius (possible spoilers?)

Postby Taknamay » 23 Sep 2014, 02:24

I am really enjoying the release so far. However I am a bit stuck on Andromalius. Is there a trick to beating him, or do you just keep kicking balls at him? I am getting really frustrated. If there really is no *trick* then I think you made him too difficult in my personal opinion. I've tried probably twenty times now, and I can never get more than 4 kicked at him.
Check out the #freegaming tag on fediverse.
Taknamay

Re: Beating Andromalius (possible spoilers?)

Postby Roots » 23 Sep 2014, 02:27

Nope, you just need to keep kicking the balls. I think you have to hit him with five balls before he's defeated. It took me a few times before I did it as well. The key is to be patient and conserve stamina so you can run away from the flames. Try to stay on the outside at all times (even a hair too close to the spikes will kill you). You don't have to hit all three balls in before he "resets" and adds the new balls, so if you can only get one or two in between resets, don't worry about it. I usually only got two balls to hit before he reset them.
Roots

Postby Bertram » 23 Sep 2014, 09:47

Hi Taknamay, :)

The trick is indeed to be patient at that time. The balls are reset on a fixed time basis, so you can just wait for the next reset if you don't want to take more risks. Patience is the key of it. I intentionally made it tempting to use the balls on the left and right corners while making them a bit more risky. ;)

Good luck!
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Taknamay » 23 Sep 2014, 14:17

Ok, thank you! I beat the boss this morning. I think I was too frustrated to succeed last night :)
Check out the #freegaming tag on fediverse.
Taknamay

Postby Bertram » 23 Sep 2014, 14:38

Cool! :)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby eugeneloza » 02 Dec 2014, 14:22

Yeah, this is a lot of re-trying :) As far as I remember, the sixth hit made it.
eugeneloza

Postby freem » 18 May 2015, 20:00

Wow... I would never have guessed that those balls respawn. Still no respawn after 5 minutes, here. How many time does it takes?
freem
BN Moderator

Postby Bertram » 22 May 2015, 11:13

Hi freem,

Wow... I would never have guessed that those balls respawn. Still no respawn after 5 minutes, here. How many time does it takes?

If you're using the master branch of the git version, the boss was unfortunately broken due to scripting API changes not well handled by the developer (that would be me.)
and this was fixed yesterday.

If that's the case, could you try again after recompiling the latest version?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby freem » 23 May 2015, 05:31

Sounds like it works now.
freem
BN Moderator