RC 1 feedback

Re: RC 1 feedback

Postby eugeneloza » 06 Dec 2014, 21:04

Bertram {l Wrote}:Funds: x Purchases: -y Total: z (x -y = z).
Is there something unclear about it?

Mmmm... I'm just used to the fact that any 'negative' number is a bug :) And in case 'purchases' negative I first think, that the price is negative... but actually that's no problem at all. Just a note.
However, I think that 'Total' then is not 'Total' but 'Remaining' (i.e. money remaining). Just noted that at Sophia's...

UPD: I have some strange problem with 'rat' body parts translation. I.e. every other monster body parts do just fine, but rat has 'empty' ones. I don't recall if that was the same in English, or were there some attack slots...
UPD2: STOP... while fighting the rat horde all the body parts are displayed correctly. Was that something wrong with Dorover friend-rat?

Info: a famous horde of rats was a piece of cake for 18 level characters. Didn't use a single potion. While... last fight with Dorover&co was much more complicated than for previous game (the characters were of a similar level).
eugeneloza

Postby Akien » 08 Dec 2014, 23:19

Bertram {l Wrote}:
* Another un-obvious problem is that one sould sequentially kill all the monsters in the 'moving floor' secret room in the Shrine to get to the Dorover which by some reason makes the press stop - I was running around the room, clicking for some hidden lever/object/triggerplate.

Congrats, you're the first one to find that room AFAIK. But it's also normal that those were meant not to be obvious. :>

Still searching for how to enter this hidden room... This is frustrating :-D
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby eugeneloza » 09 Dec 2014, 12:03

Hmm. I've remembered a hint to rebalancing Dorover. It becomes extremely weak, when it casts 'rage' on himself. Still he does not do much damage to the party, but his own defence dramatically goes down and therefore he starts getting 20-25 points of damage instead of 3-6 before rage.
eugeneloza

Postby Akien » 09 Dec 2014, 12:19

Thanks to eugeneloza's hints in a PM, I found the hidden room ;-)

eugeneloza {l Wrote}:Hmm. I've remembered a hint to rebalancing Dorover. It becomes extremely weak, when it casts 'rage' on himself. Still he does not do much damage to the party, but his own defence dramatically goes down and therefore he starts getting 20-25 points of damage instead of 3-6 before rage.

Yep, I just finished the battle with the last Dorver (note that it's not "Dorover") and thought exactly the same. His rage spell should either dramatically increase his attack so that he becomes defenceless but really dangerous, or it should not decrease his defence so much.
Akien

Postby Akien » 09 Dec 2014, 12:22

eugeneloza {l Wrote}:Mmmm... I'm just used to the fact that any 'negative' number is a bug :) And in case 'purchases' negative I first think, that the price is negative... but actually that's no problem at all. Just a note.
However, I think that 'Total' then is not 'Total' but 'Remaining' (i.e. money remaining). Just noted that at Sophia's...

I agree, since the "Total" is what's remaining in the end, I think a wording such as eugeneloza's would be nice.
Funds: X
Purchases: Y (Y>0)
Remaining: X-Y

The "Purchases" with a negative number would make sense if one would sell and buy stuff in the same transaction:
Revenues: X > 0
Purchases: Y < 0
Total: X-Y (> 0 or < 0)
Akien

Postby Akien » 09 Dec 2014, 12:32

eugeneloza {l Wrote}:* Maybe I missed something, but I couldn't get any more copper ore to get a better attack crossbow. Maybe I should have fought those Dark Soldiers instead of sneaking, as suggested? / Can I make two separate crossbows? It seems that not.

Hm, that might be true. Here are the ore requirements for all four weapons sold by Sophia:
- Reinforced wooden sword: 3 copper
- Soldier Sword: 3 copper, 1 iron
- Arbalest of Force: 2 iron, 1 elixir, 1 copper
- Noble Arbalest: 2 copper, 1 iron

In my game I got the Soldier Sword and the Arbalest of Force, so that accounts for 4 copper and 3 iron, and that's all the ore I found in the game (unless there was ore needed to get the Iron Sword? I don't remember).
To get the Noble Arbalest while also trading one of the two swords (both requiring 3 copper), the player would need 5 copper, so there is one copper missing.
I guess this could be solved by reducing the needed copper for Reinforced wooden sword by one (maybe replacing it by 1 iron?).

Then there would be two combos possible:
- Reinforced wooden sword (more M.ATK) & Noble Arbalest (more ATK)
- Soldier Sword (more ATK) & Arbalest of Force (more M.ATK)
Akien

Postby eugeneloza » 09 Dec 2014, 12:36

The second time I've been playing I've found another secret room with additional 1 copper which I might have missed previous time :)
I don't actually remember if I've found it before, seems that I should have... but this time I've got enough copper to get a Soldier Sword + Noble Arbalest combination i wanted.
eugeneloza

Postby Akien » 09 Dec 2014, 12:44

eugeneloza {l Wrote}:The second time I've been playing I've found another secret room with additional 1 copper which I might have missed previous time :)
I don't actually remember if I've found it before, seems that I should have... but this time I've got enough copper to get a Soldier Sword + Noble Arbalest combination i wanted.

Hehe, Valyria Tear has no secrets to you :-D
I'll keep my eyes open next time I play the whole game through.
Akien

Postby eugeneloza » 09 Dec 2014, 12:57

Akien {l Wrote}:Hehe, Valyria Tear has no secrets to you :-D

I still have no idea how to get to that chest in the riddle map (Lyana cave - second part) :)
eugeneloza

Postby Bertram » 11 Dec 2014, 16:39

Hey,

for the record, I have made a list of stuff to fix there, based on the feedback:
https://github.com/Bertram25/ValyriaTear/issues/385

Let's talk once I've taken care of most of those points. (In one or two months I'd say. ;])

I've also make the item categories become grayed out and unselectable when there is no items is those categories,
and added a few improvements in sound handling I was willing to add since ages now. ;)
Authenticate has also upgraded the OpenGL engine to the 2.0 norm lately, permitting VT to use shaders! :D (Sounds promising for what's next ;])

Again, thanks a lot for the feed-back.
Bertram
VT Moderator