Endless credits

Endless credits

Postby Gallaecio » 31 Jul 2014, 17:56

I’ve just finished the RC, and I was watching the credits to ensure that my translations were OK there (I had to make some strings shorter, but that was expected).

And I noticed that the credits screen never ends. When the credits finish, the music continues with a black background, and it does not end by itself (which is what I expected). It does not finish either when you press one of the regular keys (e.g. F or D), which is what I though next. So the only way to get back to the main menu is to use the game menu (Esc).

Is this on purpose? I do not have a strong opinion about it or anything, it just seemed a bit odd.
Gallaecio

Re: Endless credits

Postby Bertram » 31 Jul 2014, 18:06

Yep it was done that way, but I think you're right, I'll change that to go back to the boot menu.

Congrats btw for reaching that point. Any impressions on the game balance?

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Gallaecio » 31 Jul 2014, 18:23

Well, as I started that game several commits ago (before RC) it’s hard to judge the balance accurately. That said, as far as I could tell the balance was OK. Challenging, yet manageable.

In general, the game gave me a great impression. It was a nice experience. It feels like a finished game (something quite odd in FOSS games, by the way), with all details taken into account, and “done with love”.
Gallaecio

Postby Bertram » 02 Aug 2014, 00:07

Thank you Gallaecio. I sincerely think it's the nicest thing someone ever said on this game, and I didn't think you would have like it so much.
In fact, I was more expecting criticism (even constructive). ;)

Now as for me, I found several problems already, listed them and will try to deal with each ones in a finite way shortly. Thanks also for the translation update. :)

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 05 Aug 2014, 08:38

The endless credits bug is now fixed on master.
Bertram
VT Moderator