Can somebody share how to put ball into hole ?

Can somebody share how to put ball into hole ?

Postby shirish » 10 Jul 2014, 16:12

another_hole.png
the_hole.png
the_ball.png

In the last part of the episode, there are two holes and two balls, and only when one of the balls is put into the hole, the other ball is freed. At the moment is gated. I'm sharing the single ball which is available (via screenshot) and both the holes (one of which needs to be filled by the ball.) Can somebody share how to go about doing that ?

If somebody answers, please use the spoiler tag so people who want to challenge themselves do not have to read the solution and dumbos like me can uncover it :)
shirish

Re: Can somebody share how to put ball into hole ?

Postby Bertram » 22 Jul 2014, 18:02

Hi shirish,

Did you find out already?

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Gallaecio » 30 Jul 2014, 20:54

So far I have had no luck either. I did find something else that must relate to the note that you find in the room of your third and last screenshot (about not all stais being made of wood).

stairs.png

First it takes me to a pushable tile that I do not know how to push:

pushableTile.png

I’ve tried to kill the monster while it is on top of it, but it turns out that you cannot kill monsters with Orlinn. So I still do not know how to cover that pushable tile.

At the end of this “1.5 floor” you get to the room of your third screenshot, in the top, where there is a second moving ball, however I cannot reach it.

secondBall.png
Gallaecio

Postby Bertram » 30 Jul 2014, 21:02

I've seen you pushed the button on the 1.5 floor, right?

Thus you should now focus on the first ball... ;)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Gallaecio » 30 Jul 2014, 21:08

Oh, I see…

secondDoorOpenOnLastRoomOfFirstFloor.png

:D
Gallaecio

Postby BioHazardX » 20 Aug 2014, 19:42

And this one?

SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Akien » 20 Aug 2014, 19:48

BioHazardX {l Wrote}:And this one?

For this one I took a piece of paper and went back and forth through the stairs until I had drawn the whole puzzle. Then I took my time to think about the solution without being bothered by the skeleton :-)

Edit: Silly me, you have a screenshot of it already... I guess I could've done the same... But a pen-and-paper j-RPG, that's something! :-D
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby WillemS » 20 Aug 2014, 19:57

I finally got this one by thinking "backwards" (although it cost a lot of time for me as well). My approach: first figure out which balls need to go in which holes. Then, for any ball (let's call it B), think about which other balls need to be moved away first, to prevent them from being "stuck" (in a position so that it cannot be rolled anymore to its hole) after we have rolled B in its hole.

Does that help? I don't want to spoil the puzzle, of course :)
WillemS

Postby BioHazardX » 20 Aug 2014, 20:02

Spoil, spoil!
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Akien » 20 Aug 2014, 20:04

WillemS {l Wrote}:I finally got this one by thinking "backwards" (although it cost a lot of time for me as well). My approach: first figure out which balls need to go in which holes. Then, for any ball (let's call it B), think about which other balls need to be moved away first, to prevent them from being "stuck" (in a position so that it cannot be rolled anymore to its hole) after we have rolled B in its hole.

Does that help? I don't want to spoil the puzzle, of course :)

Yes I did a similar reasoning. I also tried to figure out which particular ball could only go in one whole (actually it can go in two holes, but if you try the wrong one, you'll soon see that it was wrong :p). Of course if you're really stuck and do not enjoy the puzzle, I can give you more clues or the solution in private message.
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien