Episode 1 release remains

Episode 1 release remains

Postby shirish » 17 May 2013, 17:45

From bertram :-

https://github.com/Bertram25/ValyriaTea ... t-17816862

Code:

Add skill obtained through equipment #124
Optionally add support for poison/healing and other effects applied in battles but spreading back to the map mode. I could also add traps in the dungeon poisoning the characters, for instance. #141

Story / Content:

Add missing crystal voice acts.
Add pursuit maps
Add second dungeon and boss.
Release! :D

So guess it would take about a month or two depending on how much time our dev. has .
shirish

Re: Episode 1 release remains

Postby BioHazardX » 18 May 2013, 19:59

IMHO, without waiting for the full episode, you should release an other new version where Bronann comes back to his village. A lot of time is passed since the last release...

Good!
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Bertram » 21 May 2013, 09:47

Hi!

IMHO, without waiting for the full episode, you should release an other new version where Bronann comes back to his village. A lot of time is passed since the last release...

I'm a bit hesitating, since in term of story length, that part doesn't add much. Yet, you're right, a LOT of features and fixes have happened since then.

Is someone else ok for a 0.6 release?

regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby shirish » 28 May 2013, 07:24

Bertram {l Wrote}:Hi!

I'm a bit hesitating, since in term of story length, that part doesn't add much. Yet, you're right, a LOT of features and fixes have happened since then.

Is someone else ok for a 0.6 release?

regards,

umm.... I'm up for 0.6 release, even if it gets only 2-3 screens but takes the story a bit forward. What could be done is if you update a bit on the levelling so people can level up a bit more and have some sort of mini-dungeon so people can try out stuff. This way people could also test and you could get feedback on it as well. Just a thought.
shirish

Postby Bertram » 28 May 2013, 13:24

Hi, :)

I'm currently working in background on the pursuit maps. The 0.6 release will happen right after that.

The level cap will also be revised, that's why I'm also working on the overall game scale in term of skills and equipment.

Best regards.
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 04 Sep 2013, 10:20

Hi everyone :)

The 0.6.0 release is out.

(I still have to refit the source package at the time or writing but everything else should be ok)

Enjoy :)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Gallaecio » 04 Sep 2013, 18:43

Is that release candidate final?
Gallaecio

Postby BioHazardX » 04 Sep 2013, 20:59

Just download and testing!
I'll start my mini-list of improvements after completed the game as usual, do son't worry. The soundtracks are awesome.

I found two bugs, until now:

1) After the crystal scene, the first time I played the transition from day to night didn't appear (turn off?);
2) Once the forest music didn't play after a normal battle.
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Bertram » 05 Sep 2013, 10:14

Hi all :)

Gallaecio {l Wrote}:Is that release candidate final?

Hey Gallecio:)
It's the 0.6 first release candidate, and there will be others if necessary. Is there a problem with this release you want to mention?

BioHazardX {l Wrote}:1) After the crystal scene, the first time I played the transition from day to night didn't appear (turn off?);
2) Once the forest music didn't play after a normal battle.

Thanks for the testing!
About 1), you mean the night never happen (even when reaching the village)?
2) Confirmed. This is strange and might be tricky to debug. I'll have a look. Thanks.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby BioHazardX » 05 Sep 2013, 13:58

About 1), you mean the night never happen (even when reaching the village)?

I didn't arrived so far unti there...but it didn't working after get out from the first cave...then I reset the game...

------------
An other bug: in the battles, the missing attacks do damage. I mean, it appears the text "Miss" next to a damage value. This happens often against Banesore.
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Bertram » 05 Sep 2013, 14:48

Hi !

I didn't arrived so far unti there...but it didn't working after get out from the first cave...then I reset the game...

Well, the twilight first steps are kinda subtle, so I can't tell whether it actually happened while you didn't go further than that.
I sometimes was able to reached the first cave second map wihtout seeing meaningful light changes.
So, let's say that for now, it's ok.

in the battles, the missing attacks do damage. I mean, it appears the text "Miss" next to a damage value. This happens often against Banesore.

Well, I reviewed the weapon attacks from the characters and can't see why it would happen. Are you talking about charcter or enemy skills? And maybe which ones?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby BioHazardX » 05 Sep 2013, 17:14

Both, it happens sometimes in every type of battle. I remember a missing attack against a bat that deals about 40 damage (missing+ 40?) same for Lord Banesore (it was often a missing + 5 hp of damage).

EDIT
----------------
I show you this screen below:

Kalya cures Bronann with his magic, and Bronann just attacks Harlequin with his stun strike ability. It's written that the attack was missed (the word "mancato"), but Harlequin receives 7 hp from this damage, anyway.
Attachments
vt_missingbug.png
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Gallaecio » 05 Sep 2013, 18:03

I did not find bugs, I’m just wondering whether I should package 0.6 for Chakra already or whether I should wait.
Gallaecio

Postby BioHazardX » 05 Sep 2013, 18:14

An other screen:

could you fix the position of this snake hidden from the two bats?
Attachments
vt_snake.jpg
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby shirish » 05 Sep 2013, 20:40

BioHazardX {l Wrote}:An other screen:

could you fix the position of this snake hidden from the two bats?

That would be nice as I always want to take out the snakes first rather than the bats. Haven't reached till the Mancato whatever so will have to wait and see.
shirish

Postby Bertram » 05 Sep 2013, 21:53

Hi :)

@Gallaecio:
Gallaecio {l Wrote}:I did not find bugs, I’m just wondering whether I should package 0.6 for Chakra already or whether I should wait.

Well, it depends on how bad you find the bugs found by BioHazardX. Note that there are no crashes seen so far (for my own relief). :)

@BioHazardX:
BioHazardX {l Wrote}:Kalya cures Bronann with his magic, and Bronann just attacks Harlequin with his stun strike ability. It's written that the attack was missed (the word "mancato"), but Harlequin receives 7 hp from this damage, anyway.

First of all, many thanks for the screenshot! It made things much more clear for me :)
This case can actually happen when you're using an attack with a status effect. Here it means the damage are done but that the stunned effect missed.

But you're right, this is looking wrong, so I'll simply remove the miss when the effect can't trigger.

BioHazardX {l Wrote}:could you fix the position of this snake hidden from the two bats?

Yep, will do :)

shirish {l Wrote}:Haven't reached till the Mancato whatever so will have to wait and see.

Mancato is the Italian word for 'Miss' from what I understand, so IMHO, yu reached that point already.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 05 Sep 2013, 22:19

Hi again,

The 'Miss' bug and the snake position are both fixed in the master branch.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby BioHazardX » 06 Sep 2013, 19:52

I didn't find other bugs and obviously, the ones I've found were reported in this topic. IMHO, Bertram you could release the stable version(?)

Mancato is the Italian word for 'Miss' from what I understand, so IMHO, yu reached that point already.

Yes, it is. :D
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby shirish » 07 Sep 2013, 10:07

umm... the only things left in 0.6 release seems to be as per the list :-

https://github.com/Bertram25/ValyriaTea ... t-22182124

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
Add missing crystal voice acts. (almost done! arg!)
0.6.0 RC1 Release!

Have no idea if Bertram failed to check the missing crystal voice acts or he actually wants to get some voiceovers done (maybe himself or his wife or sons or daughters). If a voiceover does happen it would be good.

This is what he wants to do for HE1 release :-
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
Episode I Release:

Spread back status effects to the map mode. I could also add traps in the dungeon poisoning the characters, for instance. #220
    Add support for custom enemy AI scripts for deciding the next action. #221
    Do not forget to add the dead ally target type for resurrect-based spells.
    Add support for scripted animations in battle animation scripts (other than on the battle actor). #222
    Add "soft-edge" character movement support #208
    Add a better looking world map.
    Episode I Release! :D

Update: Adding one more wishlist wish to the list (it's possible I may have suggested this before or not).

https://github.com/Bertram25/ValyriaTear/issues/230

I also something about Tiled and upstream issues and saw lot of issues opened by Stefan Bellar of TMW (quite a few of them being moved from sourceforge bug tracker to the git bugtracker). One of the bugs seemed esp. dear to bertram seems to be issue 57 for which he has chipped in a few euro.

See https://github.com/bjorn/tiled/issues/57
shirish

Postby Bertram » 09 Sep 2013, 09:15

Hi all,

Just to give a few lines about current status:

First of all, thanks a lot for the feedback. I'm rather happy no crashers made it so far in the RC and that the few bugs encountered are not blocking somehow.

There are two things I'd like to deal with before final release, however:
- The 'music not restarting after a fight' bug.
- The bug about the woldmap position not being updated in Mt Elbrus, according to shirish.

As for the voice-over, it depends on the voice availability in a room where we can actually record. (No, it's not my voice, I wouldn't dare ;])
The voice-over will be open licensed but the person behind it will stay anonymous, AFAIK.
Would the voice not make it in time for the release, I would release without, anyway.

So, without new feedback, and with a bit of luck, we're a few days from a final 0.6.0 release.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 09 Sep 2013, 20:53

Hi again :)

- The 'music not restarting after a fight' bug is hopefully fixed in git master & 0.6
- The bug about the woldmap position not being updated in Mt Elbrus is also fixed, but you will have to reach the first map of Mt Elbrus
and then save to 'see' it fixed. It won't change anything later if you don't.
- I also added space north of the problematic shroom as hinted by Gallaecio.
- And I fixed a few other more or less visible things, but still very annoying in fact.

If nothing new comes up the next few days, I'll upload this version as the final one. :)

Thanks for all the testing support!! =D
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby shirish » 10 Sep 2013, 19:39

@Bertram dunno what you will think of this but see this issue anyway :-

https://github.com/Bertram25/ValyriaTear/issues/231
shirish

Postby BioHazardX » 11 Sep 2013, 09:17

If nothing new comes up the next few days, I'll upload this version as the final one.

Cool! And don't forget to update my translation to the latest, please :D
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Bertram » 11 Sep 2013, 14:38

Hi :)

BioHazardX {l Wrote}:Cool! And don't forget to update my translation to the latest, please :D

I did, didn't I ?
https://github.com/Bertram25/ValyriaTea ... 550f30f508

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby shirish » 14 Sep 2013, 21:15

Looking forward to updates.

Btw look at issue 233

https://github.com/Bertram25/ValyriaTear/issues/233
shirish