Hello there

Hello there

Postby Daphron » 05 Jan 2013, 22:02

Hi, I'm Daphron.

Found this project from FreeGamer and thought I'd volunteer to help.

I have relatively little experience with C++ but have been programming for a few years now so I can learn.

So, where do you need help? I heard of a list of low hanging fruit when reading these forums but have never been able to find a link.
Daphron

Re: Hello there

Postby IkarusDowned » 06 Jan 2013, 09:03

Hi Daphron!
Looks like Bertram's got you doing some build-related stuff based on another thread in the forum.

What languages are you comfortable with?
Hmm...low-hanging fruit...well, you could check the bug list and see if there is anything there that interests you:
https://github.com/Bertram25/ValyriaTear/issues

in terms of stuff that is not there, Bertram would be the one to see about it. I think the "first-candidate release" post has a list of potential low-hanging fruit in it, such as making chairs go "quack" or lighting cats on fire or something...

ok maybe not THAT crazy :p ...
IkarusDowned

Postby Bertram » 06 Jan 2013, 11:25

Hi Ikarus,

such as making chairs go "quack" or lighting cats on fire or something...

Now that's something. XD

Found this project from FreeGamer and thought I'd volunteer to help.
I have relatively little experience with C++ but have been programming for a few years now so I can learn.
So, where do you need help? I heard of a list of low hanging fruit when reading these forums but have never been able to find a link.

Hi Daphron,

Welcome on board!
In short, Valyria Tear is a mix between c++ / Lua and the use of a custom luabind based API for game scripting. Feel free to clone the repository, or why not fork it and make yourself comfortable
with the different files and the overall code there. You can have a look at the "Welcome" sticky thread, and feel free to ask anytime when something is unclear.

I will try to list clearly all the points that have been discussed and be accepted so far, and start making a clear list around. Just give me a few hours. ;)

IkarusDowned, Codergreen, and Roots can also give a hand if needed when speaking of code and the git based management, so don't hesitate to create a github account and start discussing stuff there as well. :)

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 06 Jan 2013, 13:11

Done here:

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4006

Have fun.
Bertram
VT Moderator