Character and bestia info

Character and bestia info

Postby NaN » 30 Dec 2012, 17:57

I know I know gameplay and story come first. Still I think it would be nice to have an info menu, listing stats and additional info(if available) about the persons and monsters already met in the game. I know a few JRPGs implementing this and I love it. Is this something for VT?
NaN

Re: Character and bestia info

Postby Bertram » 30 Dec 2012, 18:07

Hi NaN,

Info about the world, the people, and the monsters (I was very first thinking about monsters, tbh.) is something I'd find extra awesome to see in Valyria.

What is preventing me from even speaking about it is the extra work for something most people won't even care about, or at least seem to from what I've heard so far.
I wouldn't put it on top of the list, for reasons we both know, but it's something I wouldn't discard if somebody is willing to bring the code for it.
I'd then add it along quest logs alla inventory, since it's the same kind of information.

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby BioHazardX » 30 Dec 2012, 18:38

In my opinion, a small encyclopedia about monsters is a good idea: just an image of the monster, a small description (less than 20 words) and all the level infos (hp, strenght, defence etc.)
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby NaN » 30 Dec 2012, 18:40

Great to hear that you are inclined towards this feature @Bertram. And yeah, I heard gamers nowadays seem to favor streamlined action with instant satisfaction. I enjoy to fiddle with things, immerse into the game. Currently replaying Mass Effect game series, and yes I have read the Codex. Crazy, ha?
NaN

Postby Bertram » 30 Dec 2012, 18:49

@NaN, some people are somehow "stressing" when playing nowadays :S

@BioHazardX: The encyclopedia about monsters a great idea, yet, I would add info about them only if you've beaten them at least once. ;)
And just the image and the name otherwise.
Bertram
VT Moderator