Linux user having trouble compiling

Re: Linux user having trouble compiling

Postby qubodup » 13 Jan 2013, 20:25

No such file I believe. I run from command line. Here's the output (I didn't notice there was any earlier, I was too distracted by being able to compile ;) ):
http://codepad.org/8ahIL5MN
http://codepad.org/SCVIGZ7M (strangely, this didn't get captured by &> out.txt)
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby IkarusDowned » 13 Jan 2013, 22:37

ah ok, i guess linux doesn't redirect to file. But in any case, thats exactly what we needed :)
IkarusDowned

Postby Bertram » 18 Jan 2013, 14:45

Hi qubodup, :)

As Ikarus said :)

Your save game is indeed old enough to be before I moved the map file into the 'layna_forest/' folder.

In your save game, try changing the map file (in the first lines of the file) by adding the folder name. It should do the trick.

qubodup {l Wrote}:Broken savegames 1. Appear as if there is no save game but 2. interact as if there is a savegame but 3. interact not like a working savegame should (they restart the menu, rather than loading a game.

Right, I'll handle that.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 27 Jan 2013, 03:24

@qubodup: The save game issue should be fixed by now.

Final HEI release Real Soon Now(tm)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby MCMic » 06 Feb 2013, 21:34

Hello, trying to make an archlinux package here.
I uploaded a non working version on aur : https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/valyria-tear/

I get these lua errors, is that fixable? (from what I understood the solution would either be to depend to lua51 and link to it somehow or to depend to luabind aur package - is it even working? - and link to it with the cmake option valyria provide).
MCMic

Postby Bertram » 07 Feb 2013, 09:20

Hi MCMic! :)

MCMic {l Wrote}:Hello, trying to make an archlinux package here.
I uploaded a non working version on aur : https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/valyria-tear/

I get these lua errors, is that fixable? (from what I understood the solution would either be to depend to lua51 and link to it somehow or to depend to luabind aur package - is it even working? - and link to it with the cmake option valyria provide).

Thanks for packaging Valyria!! :D

Valyria Tear has been successfully packaged for Fedora and qubodup had those lua errors too, so I'm quite sure I ironed out the compilation problems both for lua 5.1 and 5.2. I now depends on whether archlinux wants you to compile valyria against the system luabind or with the one provided in the source, but in anyway, here is a handful of flags that you might want to add to your pkgbuild cmake parameters:

USE_SYSTEM_LUABIND : Permits to use the system luabind when compiling, i.e:
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
cmake -DUSE_SYSTEM_LUABIND=on .

Also, if you specifically need to build against lua5.1: Here is what worked earlier for qubodup (you might have to check the paths below against the ones used in arch):
cmake -DLUA_LIBRARIES=/usr/lib/liblua5.1.so -DLUA_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/lua5.1/ .

Everything together, it does:
cmake -DLUA_LIBRARIES=/usr/lib/liblua5.1.so -DLUA_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/lua5.1/  -DUSE_SYSTEM_LUABIND=on -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr  .

Feel free to redirect any error output here, and again, thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby MCMic » 08 Feb 2013, 19:26

Ok, there's a working package online now.
I use lua51. I don't use the luabind package because it has 0 votes so it might be pretty new and untested yet.

Now i can finally test this game :-)
MCMic

Postby Bertram » 10 Feb 2013, 09:56

Cool! Have fun!
Bertram
VT Moderator