Translation

Re: Translation

Postby WillemS » 13 Aug 2014, 15:01

I translated the game into Dutch on Transifex. I hope it is useful :)
Sorry that it is a bit late in the development cycle, I know ;) The reason is that I only discovered the game one week ago... :( I really like it, so therefore I decided to do a translation.

I did some in-game-testing, but not too much yet. So there are probably some errors and inaccuracies left, which I intend to find and remove in the coming days...

Edit: By the way, sorry for not posting in this topic before, but during the past few days, when I was translating, the forum seemed to be inaccessible for some reason... :o
WillemS

Postby Bertram » 13 Aug 2014, 15:09

Hi willemS, :)

Thanks a lot for the translation!

I'll merge all that asap back into master so more people can test.
Don't worry, there will also be RC2 release thanks to all the feed-back received by cxong, dimproject and last but not least Akien. ;)

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Akien » 13 Aug 2014, 15:36

WillemS {l Wrote}:I translated the game into Dutch on Transifex. I hope it is useful :)
Sorry that it is a bit late in the development cycle, I know ;) The reason is that I only discovered the game one week ago... :( I really like it, so therefore I decided to do a translation.

Welcome aboard! Feel free to harass Bertram with constructive feedback ;-)

Edit: By the way, sorry for not posting in this topic before, but during the past few days, when I was translating, the forum seemed to be inaccessible for some reason... :o[/quote]
Yes there was a downtime of the forum for a few days because of a small delay in the domain name renewal.
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby Bertram » 13 Aug 2014, 15:42

@Akien: Do you know how I can have a look at all the active issues on a project at Transifex?

EDIT: Since we have two kinds of problems:
Errors in French & Errors in English.

After the next merge you have prepared, I'd propose us to fix all the english mistakes and push the pot to Transifex.
Then we would be able to defuzzy strings if those are only small typos and such, ...

Ok with it?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Akien » 13 Aug 2014, 16:14

Bertram {l Wrote}:@Akien: Do you know how I can have a look at all the active issues on a project at Transifex?

Sadly I'm not sure they have a "issue tracker" for those comments, or at least I did not find it. I know only of two ways:
- You should (hopefully) have gotten a notification for each "problematic" comment that was filed. You can access your notifications by clicking the boxed number next to your name when you're logged in.
- If you weren't notified, then we have to browse through the list... :(

Since this Transifex feature is not optimal for managing issues, maybe we could have this kind of workflow:
- Mark a string as problematic with explanations on Tx, the "issue" will be handled there
- Add a reference to the string (number in the GUI, msgid) in a tracker issue on github.
WDYT?

Bertram {l Wrote}:EDIT: Since we have two kinds of problems:
Errors in French & Errors in English.

After the next merge you have prepared, I'd propose us to fix all the english mistakes and push the pot to Transifex.
Then we would be able to defuzzy strings if those are only small typos and such, ...

Ok with it?

I guess most comments are about English strings, I might have issued a couple about French strings, but then I decided to translate it in French as I wanted, and report potential issues with the English string.

Let's do as you proposed, maybe in two steps:
- Update the pot file with changes for typos, language issues that translators would not have reproduced, etc. and unfuzzy all strings
- Update the pot file with the rest of the changes that impact the meaning of a sentence, and that require translator intervention. Then we could leave those strings fuzzy.
Akien

Postby Bertram » 13 Aug 2014, 16:25

- You should (hopefully) have gotten a notification for each "problematic" comment that was filed. You can access your notifications by clicking the boxed number next to your name when you're logged in.
- If you weren't notified, then we have to browse through the list... :(

Oww nooes. well, my instinct told me to keep the mails. Pheww....

- Mark a string as problematic with explanations on Tx, the "issue" will be handled there
- Add a reference to the string (number in the GUI, msgid) in a tracker issue on github.
WDYT?

Fine, but just in case, only one issue about all the typo/fixes to do on github.

Let's do as you proposed, maybe in two steps:
- Update the pot file with changes for typos, language issues that translators would not have reproduced, etc. and unfuzzy all strings
- Update the pot file with the rest of the changes that impact the meaning of a sentence, and that require translator intervention. Then we could leave those strings fuzzy

Ok, let me first review and merge your first pull request.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby WillemS » 13 Aug 2014, 16:28

It is possible to get a list of active issues: in the translation editor, click the search box, and choose "Issue" and "yes". Then only the strings with issues remain in the list :)
WillemS

Postby Bertram » 13 Aug 2014, 16:36

Thanks a lot @WillemS!! :)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 13 Aug 2014, 23:03

Dutch translation now in master. Thanks WillemS! :)

It will be part of RC2 and the final release.
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby WillemS » 14 Aug 2014, 18:18

Bertram {l Wrote}:Dutch translation now in master. Thanks WillemS! :)

It will be part of RC2 and the final release.

Nice! :D Thanks to you for making a great game!
WillemS

Postby WillemS » 17 Aug 2014, 15:07

There seems to be a non-translatable string in the keyboard settings: Unknown key...
Screenshot here :)

Edit: Oh, never mind, this is only caused by the fact that I upgraded from 0.6.0 to RC1 with the same configuration...
WillemS

Postby Bertram » 18 Aug 2014, 22:13

Hi everyone, :)

I just uploaded the latest pot file to transifex with all the English typos found fixed since the tests done on RC1 by Akien.

It is now also possible to skip the hide'n'seek quest at the beginning of the game by speaking to Kalya once Orlinn is gone to hide.
This means a few sentences related to this event have been added.

I'd say we're now in hard string freeze for the coming release, and I'll be unfuzzying the sentences that haven't actually changed since the typo hunt in every languages.

If you have any other fixes to push, now is the time. ;)

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 19 Aug 2014, 11:26

Btw, does someone know how I can tell Transifex not to drop the older translations, so we can have suggestions for sentences fixed in English?

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby WillemS » 19 Aug 2014, 11:34

Bertram {l Wrote}:Btw, does someone know how I can tell Transifex not to drop the older translations, so we can have suggestions for sentences fixed in English?

I just re-added the Dutch translations for the fixed sentences, and Transifex gave me suggestions containing the older versions of those sentences. So I guess Transifex remembers the old translations already.
WillemS

Postby Bertram » 19 Aug 2014, 11:37

Ah, cool. :)

Thanks a lot WillemS, and sorry for the small work overhead.

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Akien » 19 Aug 2014, 11:40

WillemS {l Wrote}:
Bertram {l Wrote}:Btw, does someone know how I can tell Transifex not to drop the older translations, so we can have suggestions for sentences fixed in English?

I just re-added the Dutch translations for the fixed sentences, and Transifex gave me suggestions containing the older versions of those sentences. So I guess Transifex remembers the old translations already.

Yes that's the way Transifex proceeds.
So if you wish to prevent losing translations when you fix typos that would not impact the translated strings, you should use some sed magic to unfuzzy the fixed strings and push the unfuzzied translations back to Transifex.
Akien

Postby Bertram » 19 Aug 2014, 12:01

So if you wish to prevent losing translations when you fix typos that would not impact the translated strings, you should use some sed magic to unfuzzy the fixed strings and push the unfuzzied translations back to Transifex.

Yeah, that's what I did the most possible. :)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby BioHazardX » 19 Aug 2014, 12:56

Done it! :)

(see transifex)
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Bertram » 19 Aug 2014, 12:57

I'll push both the nl_NL and the it translations asap.

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby BioHazardX » 19 Aug 2014, 14:10

Oh, I should fix some strings, there are some issues in the new part of the story.
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Bertram » 19 Aug 2014, 14:39

Ok. Have fun in the mountain shrine.
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby dimproject » 19 Aug 2014, 19:52

Bertram {l Wrote}:It is now also possible to skip the hide'n'seek quest at the beginning of the game by speaking to Kalya once Orlinn is gone to hide.

Not working. Georges not see a pen at Bronann.

Please add WillemS to intro, end credits.
Also:
English text review\n
\n
French (fr)\n
\n
Gallician Galician (gl)\n
\n
dimproject

Postby Bertram » 20 Aug 2014, 09:46

Hi. :)

Please add WillemS to intro, end credits.
Also:
English text review\n
\n
French (fr)\n
\n
Gallician Galician (gl)\n
\n

Fixed in master. The bad news is that I'll have to update the pot file again, so there will be up to three sentences to re-translate afterwards.
The good news is that we have a nice Dutch translation for the game now. :)

Not working. Georges not see a pen at Bronann.

The village center script is the nastiest piece I have ever wrote. ;)
Georges dialogue wasn't updated unless you left the village center and went back to it. It should be fixed in master.
I should have seen that one, eh. Sorry.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby dimproject » 22 Aug 2014, 19:25

I found already translated string 'Yea... Yes, here it is.' as 'Unfortunately... Yes, there is one...'
To translators: please, check a string 'Yea... Yes, here it is.'
dimproject

Postby WillemS » 22 Aug 2014, 19:34

For me, those strings are different:

:?
WillemS