Server set up issue

Server set up issue

Postby Turb0dym0man » 04 Aug 2013, 00:24

Hi, me and my friend recently downloaded Red Eclipse. We played offline practice for a while then we decided to make a server to play together. I did exactly what [url]sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/redeclipse/index.php?title=Server_Setup[/url] says, but when I launch 'redeclipse_server.bat', I get this message:
Unable to find Red Eclipse server binary
Press any key to continue . . .
Any help would be appreciated (also, I play on Windows 7 and we (me and my friend) want to play us two against bots)
Thanks
λ³ confirmed.
Turb0dym0man

Re: Server set up issue

Postby qreeves » 04 Aug 2013, 03:50

You can run a server from inside the game itself by typing /servertype 1

(Can someone remind me to make setting up local games easier?)
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby TheLastProject » 04 Aug 2013, 11:39

qreeves {l Wrote}:(Can someone remind me to make setting up local games easier?)

#562, as you requested.
Hats, Afros, wings and raptor feet. This game is showing progress indeed.
TheLastProject

Postby Turb0dym0man » 04 Aug 2013, 15:09

Yea, I type in /servertype 1, then when my friend clicks 'lan connect' nothing happens.
P.S.: The #562 link doesn't work for me
λ³ confirmed.
Turb0dym0man

Postby TheLastProject » 04 Aug 2013, 15:18

Turb0dym0man {l Wrote}:Yea, I type in /servertype 1, then when my friend clicks 'lan connect' nothing happens.
P.S.: The #562 link doesn't work for me

The #562 link was just a link to a ticket number on our bug tracker, so qreeves can be more easily reminded of it. Unfortunately, the bug tracker is quite unstable right now. Even if it would be available, it wouldn't be helpful for you.

I'm afraid I can't help you much except by asking you if your friend is on the same Internet connection as you (generally, in your home or something similar) as "lan connect" only works if you're both on the same network. You can most easily check this by visiting a site to check your IP and seeing if they're both the same, assuming you're not sure.
Hats, Afros, wings and raptor feet. This game is showing progress indeed.
TheLastProject

Postby Dratz-_C » 04 Aug 2013, 19:28

Quin,
Here is a reminder to look at the information and pictures in the two posts after this url: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=4672#p48393 .
Cheers
Dratz-_C