Finer rotation of geometry?

Finer rotation of geometry?

Postby DreamBliss » 06 Jan 2013, 12:31

Yeah I was wondering if there was some way to rotate map geometry (not models) in smaller than 90 degree increments. I see this $arg1 variable involved but I can't track what its referring to. Someone said you could press Shift+R to rotate finer, but that does not work. Nor does the /rotate 1, 2, 3, 4 console command. Is there a solution to this?

Appreciate the help!
- DreamBliss
State what you want for your reality,
But let the universe fill in the details.

My Forums
http://spiritualexplorers.zymichost.com/index.php
DreamBliss

Re: Finer rotation of geometry?

Postby raiden » 06 Jan 2013, 14:19

Because of the kind the engine works, this is not possible I think. If you need a special different angle for your geometry, you have to find a way, to build this with edited single cubes or to import a new, selfmade model for this. Creativity could be the solution here. ...
Nevertheless, good luck - there is mostly a way to realize your ideas by improvisation :).
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Re: Finer rotation of geometry?

Postby ballist1c » 06 Jan 2013, 18:26

Yea, sorry, due to the fundamentals of the Cube2 engine there is no feasible way to rotate a single cube in any other way. If you want to create a cube at a 45-degree angle, it would actually comprise of two cubes. Playing around with the engine wil undoubtedly solve most beginner problems; if you need any more help ask
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c